Make your own phone-holder for your bike

Drassen
Site Admin

Make your own phone-holder for your bike

Post by Drassen »

Ok..so i wanted a very slim phone holder for my bike. Here is what i did, turned out great and doesnt fall off.
(not weather-proof unless you use a plastic bag around the phone)

1. Buy a hard plastic phone cover that does not let go of your phone.
(10€ at http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/telefoni ... art-p92995)
Also buy some plastic "quick-straps". (2€)

2. drill two holes in the middle of the cover, about 1cm apart from each other.

3. attach the cover to the bike using a strap.

4. put the phone in the cover and make sure it doesn't come off unless you want it to.
IMAG1478.jpg
IMAG1478.jpg (77.1 KiB) Viewed 6335 times
IMAG1479.jpg
IMAG1479.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 6335 times
IMAG1482.jpg
IMAG1482.jpg (58.41 KiB) Viewed 6335 times
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--
SunYour
Zone General

Re: Make your own phone-holder for your bike

Post by SunYour »

Awesome, dare devil :)
Mobile: Samsung S7| Location: Västerås / Stockholm
paldepind

Post by paldepind »

Great idea! But doesn't the phone get exposed to quite a bit of shocks?
Image Image
Drassen
Site Admin

Post by Drassen »

Well, ive got shock absorbers on the bike... but isnt that a problem with most holders?
(have to add that it still works like a charm:) except when its raining..a bit annoying to use a plastic bag and not being able to see the screen as bright as normally.)
thomthom

Post by thomthom »

That's a neat solution. I did my first turn run yesterday, happened to be on my bike, ended up doing quite a big tour. But found that having the phone in my pocket and stopping to take it out to look at it every now and then was very awkward. Need to sort out a solution like this.
Zontjuven

Post by Zontjuven »

thomthom wrote:That's a neat solution. I did my first turn run yesterday, happened to be on my bike, ended up doing quite a big tour. But found that having the phone in my pocket and stopping to take it out to look at it every now and then was very awkward. Need to sort out a solution like this.
Hi and especially welcome to our norwegian turfers!

I saw yesterday that You and Ahries had a small fight about some zones in Trondheim. That is just great! Hope You and Your fellow turfers Will expand Norway fast. The morse turfers, the more fun it is.

The whole forum contains lot's og good info and tips around equipment and stuff to make the turf experience even greater.

And again, welcome!

//zontjuven, turfcrew - Zone maker
Fd världsmästare i TURF
thomthom

Post by thomthom »

Thanks! :)

Yes, the game it on already here. Fun day the first day. I went on a bike raid, then Ahries took some of my zones in the centre. Later on I noticed the beacon was moving very fast in my direction - think I saw someone in a car there - probably heading home. Fun to get a glimse of who you play against. Then later that day there was a big counter raid by Ahries. Which I need to do something with... :D

I tried GeoCache last year, a little bit, but didn't quite get me hooked. This feels a lot more appealing. And it'll be good for my health as well, been a long time since I done a random bike-ride. I'd never motivate me otherwise. And I am already entertained by going to some of the other cities, even take the train to Sweden this summer.

Gotto get myself a better dataplan...

Back on topic, phone holder: Check out iMaterialise 3d printing service. I used them earlier this year, when browsing the sites I noticed one of the examples for ASB: http://i.materialise.com/materials/abs One of them was a GPS holder. You can custom fit it for whatever need you want - just model it. You can use SketchUp for instance which is really easy to learn and use - and free.
Drassen
Site Admin

Post by Drassen »

thomthom wrote: Back on topic, phone holder: Check out iMaterialise 3d printing service. I used them earlier this year, when browsing the sites I noticed one of the examples for ASB: http://i.materialise.com/materials/abs One of them was a GPS holder. You can custom fit it for whatever need you want - just model it. You can use SketchUp for instance which is really easy to learn and use - and free.
i LOVE it!
gotta do some 3d-modeling right away. How is the quality of the plastic? hard or more like rubber?

EDIT: found the answer..
thomthom

Post by thomthom »

Drassen wrote:
thomthom wrote: Back on topic, phone holder: Check out iMaterialise 3d printing service. I used them earlier this year, when browsing the sites I noticed one of the examples for ASB: http://i.materialise.com/materials/abs One of them was a GPS holder. You can custom fit it for whatever need you want - just model it. You can use SketchUp for instance which is really easy to learn and use - and free.
i LOVE it!
gotta do some 3d-modeling right away. How is the quality of the plastic? hard or more like rubber?

EDIT: found the answer..
The ABS is solid - not as solid as injected moulded ABS, but still very rigid. Best pick of material for this kind of purpose which is available.

Tempted to try it myself, but, it's rather wet in this region - so I might want a solution that is waterproof and easily usable. Been sniffing around and this might fit my need: http://www.ibikeconsole.com/detail.asp? ... tid=539858

Not as cool as building your own though...
TBIT
Issue Manager

Post by TBIT »

thomthom wrote:The ABS is solid - not as solid as injected moulded ABS, but still very rigid. Best pick of material for this kind of purpose which is available.

Tempted to try it myself, but, it's rather wet in this region - so I might want a solution that is waterproof and easily usable. Been sniffing around and this might fit my need: http://www.ibikeconsole.com/detail.asp? ... tid=539858

Not as cool as building your own though...
I've also been eying the BikeConsole. Is there anyone who already own one of those, please give us a review! And then their BikeCharge Dynamo...
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it

Return to “General”