New Zones

Velocipedryttaren

New Zones

Post by Velocipedryttaren »

Hello Norway turfare.
  I want to draw your attention that it is possible to make us zonmakare aware that you want to have more zones through the forum.
  We need your suggestions in the app when we add new zones. We are looking for good places that you can reach on foot or on bike in the first place.
  Schools, playgrounds, your own house, car parks are places we avoid.
All proposed zone will not be zones but no proposals disappears, sometimes it can take a long time before a zone is approved. Taking zones, do revist often is the most important factor for getting more zones, get your friends to Turf.
Sincerely Velocipedrytta (Country Organizer Norway)
StarDust
Zonemaker

Re: New Zones

Post by StarDust »

Good thread! Any way to spread it through the app as well, like in the Norway chat?
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Post by Maqqan »

Ozela

Post by Ozela »

Hi!

It sure would be great to have more zones spread around the Oslo-area, and I'm doing what I can to suggest areas and recruiting. I live and work in the area Fornebu, wich now has 12 zones near enoungh that I can run 11 kilometers and reach all. I would love some more though. ;) Unfortunately two of the zones is no good spots.

Zone "Sabækarena" is in a roundabout, with a big fence making it a bit hard to reach. I usually put my arm between the bars and reach the zone though.

The zone "Fyrtårnzone" is on top of a rental cottage. I guess the person suggesting the zone didn't know. (I don't know how this looks like a lighthouse, thoung.. looks more like a hobitts home..)

It would suck big time to lose 2 of 12 zones i "my" area, so I really hope you'd consider to make some new ones in Fornebu if those are removed. Pretty, pretty please with sugar on top! :D

Thank you for a wonderful game,
- Ozela
- Ozela :D

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.

- Albert Einstein
Velocipedryttaren

Post by Velocipedryttaren »

No zones should be moved far away, they will be fixed so you can take them. If you find zones that are not good you report in http://issues.turfgame.com/
The two you wrote about, I looked on now, hope they got better.
You'll probably get a good turf summer in Fornebu;-)
ZM / Velocipedrytta
Ozela

Post by Ozela »

Thank you a million, Velocipedryttaren! :-D
- Ozela :D

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.

- Albert Einstein
VAU

Post by VAU »

What about a zone on Preikestolen :P : https://www.outdoyo.com/activity/preike ... rise-hike/
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

Of course there already is one, https://turfgame.com/map/preikestolen

But I guess that was a more subtle ad link than most?
Beric

Post by Beric »

Hei, jeg er ganske ny og jeg ser at det er veldig mange soner i Oslo sentrum. Men det er nesten ingen i Marka (Nordmarka, Østmarka, Vestmarka mm.). Nordmenn liker å gå tur i skogen, så det hadde vært kult med flere zoner på fine topper med utsikt og ved noen fine vann. Feks. Vettakollen, Fuglemyrhytta, Skjennungstua, Kobberhaugene, Skjærsjødammen, Fagervann, Øyungsdammen, Tømtehyttene, Lutvann, Maridalsruinene, mm.
Beric

Post by Beric »

I have found two problematic zones in Oslo. Vinderenzone is in a private garden.
Forskningzone is mostly closed of by a fence.

Return to “Zones”