Info to iPhone Beta testers

For those of you trying pre 1.0 versions
Foppa

Re: Info to iPhone Beta testers

Post by Foppa »

I installed with iFunBox instead of iTunes.
Worked without any problem.
I will not install such a crap as iTunes on my WinPC.
Ememel

Post by Ememel »

LittleJohn wrote:Installed the Beta.
The problem for me wasn't the package, it was iTunes (crapware) itself (Latest version I needed to get first to show the side panel, Would be great if there were some screenshots showing the whole process.)

After it was installed, got my first zone ever. Only issues I have had is the GPS. It is not stable at all. I was in the middle of the zone, but GPS jumped in and out of the zone like a sexual inter course. If this is due to iPhone GPS handling or application, no idea.
There is no need to use that metaphor. Please don't.
Nytt nick: mathemagician. Min Turfblogg http://virtuelltrevir.blogspot.se/
Jestra

Post by Jestra »

I participated in the alpha test and signed up for beta testing. However, I did not receive an email (not as spam either). I thought alpha testers had a spot reserved in the beta testing. Why didn't I receive an email?

Since I'm on vacation without my computer I have not tried to install the beta app yet.
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

All previous alpha testers are able to install this version as well. The emails were only sent out to the new testers that signed up for this beta.
Jestra

Post by Jestra »

Simon wrote:All previous alpha testers are able to install this version as well. The emails were only sent out to the new testers that signed up for this beta.
Perfect! I look forward to testing the new version!
KarinAlfrida

Post by KarinAlfrida »

I installed the beta yesterday, took my first zones today, it worked fine except that the GPS point jumped around a bit, in and out of the zone, but that might be an GPS issue in itself I guess?

Also my Person disappears on and off :/. Have to wait for a while for "me" to return to earth. Also GPS problem or what?

One non-GPS problem: I changed my username yesterday, and is was successful as it seemed - then. Today I discovered that my username was reset, and a new attempt to change name was declined with an error message telling me "Name already taken". Guess it could be by me? Is there a way to unite me and myself, so to say?
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

Alfrida wrote:I installed the beta yesterday, took my first zones today, it worked fine except that the GPS point jumped around a bit, in and out of the zone, but that might be an GPS issue in itself I guess?

Also my Person disappears on and off :/. Have to wait for a while for "me" to return to earth. Also GPS problem or what?

One non-GPS problem: I changed my username yesterday, and is was successful as it seemed - then. Today I discovered that my username was reset, and a new attempt to change name was declined with an error message telling me "Name already taken". Guess it could be by me? Is there a way to unite me and myself, so to say?
Are you sure the name-change was successful yesterday? Because the name 'Alfrida' was aldready owned by a non iOS beta user at that moment. If you're able to recreate the issue please report it at issues.turfgame.com
kryddan

Post by kryddan »

1. screen seems blury you can hardly see the names of other turfers.

2. GPS seems a bit inaccurate. First eight zones I took went well, then it didn't wanna take one zone. No matter what I did. It just stood still. I went in every direction, but no action at all. I zoomed in, and out. I pressed the GPS buttom to center the turfboy (no GPS was NOT deactivated). And then all of a sudden it took the zone.
Next zone went great. But the zone after that did not. It ended with me turning of the app. (Not sure if it is the phone or the app). To solve this I had to move away from the zone and see the turf moving, then going back to the zone. then it usually worked.

3. step in to zone "taking zone" "zone taken" then "leaving zone" every time I leave a zone.

4. the sound of the lady is really great. she is loud and clear.

5. eating massive amount of battery. From 94% to 19% in less than an hour. (no other apps are installed. Just the phone from scratch and turf). turf was not in the background and the screen was on all the time.
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

Please report issues at issues.turfgame.com.
kryddan

Post by kryddan »

I will as soon as I figure they are just that, issues. but if only I encounter them, then they are probably not issues, but just me and/or my phone :)

Return to “IPhone (alpha/beta)”