Bad zones in London

Moderators: Issue manager, Zonemakers

woozle

Bad zones in London

Post by woozle »

While visiting London last month I tried to turf a bit. Found two bad zones. PortmanSquare showed to be a private park with closed gates. There was no way to take this zone unless you rented it. RooseeveltMem was also closed. A sign said that it was open for the public but there was no way to get in, the gates where closed. Maybe you should look over the zones in England that are placed in parks and make sure that these reallly are public places.

best regards
woozle
TBIT
Issue Manager

Re: Bad zones in London

Post by TBIT »

Please report these zones at the issue web: http://issues.turfgame.com/zones

The zone makers do their very best to find suitable spots for zones, but sometimes zones like these slip through. We depend on responsbile players like you to be able to correct these zones!
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it
ladyjayney

Post by ladyjayney »

Hi, New to this. Having read through not sure if zones in parks that are closed at night would be "bad" or just a bit restricted. I just went to a few today and GrahamGarden is closed at night (you can get close to the zone but not into it) as is Clissold Park - a lot of London parks close at dusk so imagine this will affect quite a few across the city.

Cheers, and great game.
Dacop
Zonemaker

Post by Dacop »

ladyjayney wrote:Hi, New to this. Having read through not sure if zones in parks that are closed at night would be "bad" or just a bit restricted. I just went to a few today and GrahamGarden is closed at night (you can get close to the zone but not into it) as is Clissold Park - a lot of London parks close at dusk so imagine this will affect quite a few across the city.

Cheers, and great game.
Hello! Welcome to Turf and to our forums.

We don't consider zones with such restrictions bad, even though they are annoying. However, I'll take a look at the zones you mentioned to see if I can make them a little more accessible. As you mentioned, there are quite a few of these zones around London. This is unfortunate and something we try to avoid but zones need space and a nice surrounding so parks are often "used".

Zones that cannot be accessed by the public at any time, for example private parks, or zones that are dangerous or difficult to take would be considered bad. Please report such zones at issues.turfgame.com
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
ladyjayney

Post by ladyjayney »

Cheers for the reply. Clissold is in a good location in the park (and it is possible to jump the fence). Graham Garden would be accessible if moved a few metres.
Dacop
Zonemaker

Post by Dacop »

ladyjayney wrote:Cheers for the reply. Clissold is in a good location in the park (and it is possible to jump the fence). Graham Garden would be accessible if moved a few metres.
I've made some slight modifications to GrahamGarden. Clissold will be left as is but you might find some new zones nearby in the near future. :)
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
ladyjayney

Post by ladyjayney »

Awesome, cheers!

Return to “Zones”