Suggestions

_mipson_

Re: Suggestions

Postby _mipson_ » 23 Mar 2016, 12:48

I happened to look at the edit history of the league wiki page and I found a paragraph that was removed at some point:

"All users in a level are shuffled at a new round. Thus, a user may change group WITHIN the level even though he/she did not move up nor down."

Was it removed because the developers changed their mind? But I think shuffling is the way I prefer it to be instead of having static groups.

When shuffling it would be possible to also account for how much points you had the previous round, for example, sort all turfers in a level by points and assign the top x players to a unique group randomly and then continue with the next x players and so forth.

Maqqan
Zonemaker

Postby Maqqan » 23 Mar 2016, 15:12

I happened to look at the edit history of the league wiki page and I found a paragraph that was removed at some point:

"All users in a level are shuffled at a new round. Thus, a user may change group WITHIN the level even though he/she did not move up nor down."

Was it removed because the developers changed their mind? But I think shuffling is the way I prefer it to be instead of having static groups.

When shuffling it would be possible to also account for how much points you had the previous round, for example, sort all turfers in a level by points and assign the top x players to a unique group randomly and then continue with the next x players and so forth.
Nicely spooted, my misstake.

scorp

Postby scorp » 19 Apr 2016, 00:13

I would like participation to be optional. And I would want the league tab to be the last rather than the first when viewing stats.

scorp

Postby scorp » 29 May 2016, 20:20

Hey, this is really annoying. Frankly, had I known about this I wouldn't have paid up again after a time of absence. I don't think supporters need to get anything extra, I pay because I use Turf a lot and want to support the game. But I don't think we should be used as involuntary guinea pigs either. Can't you just move the league tab and those of us that aren't interested can just ignore it and have easy access to the top list again? Please!

DIProgan

Postby DIProgan » 29 May 2016, 21:56

Guinea pigs? Just like people can ignore the toplists if they don't want to compete in it they can ignore the leagues. Somehing needs to be first and there will always be someone that doesn't like to be reminded wether it's the league or a toplist.

Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Postby Kingslayer » 07 Jun 2016, 09:11

The easiest fix for folks who are not interested in the League is to have the application remember which top list you looked at the last time and open that one when you open the top lists on the menu. That way you would never have to see the League list unless you actively select it.

scorp

Postby scorp » 09 Jun 2016, 13:57

DIProgan, yes, something needs to be first and that's my point. I think even people who are interested in the league check their local top list far more often, so for me it makes more sense to sweap to get the league tab than to have to sweap to get rid of it. The top list that's most frequently looked at should come first.

Return to “League”