Inverness & Highlands

Moderators: Issue manager, Zonemakers

AroonTheToon

Re: Inverness & Highlands

Post by AroonTheToon »

Hi I have a few suggestions.

1. Firstly, can I check if zone suggestions in the app remain permanently until reviewed, or do they get cleared every round?

2. Cawdor Castle near Inverness would be a great zone. It was the home of Shakespeare's famous real life MacBeth. He was given the title, Thane of Cawdor.

3. There's a nice path along the east bank of the river Nairn, from Cawdor to Nairn. A few zones along there would be a good link.?

4. I've suggested a couple of zones in Nairn.

5. Kingsteps is the access to the huge Culbin Forest.

6. I've suggested a handful of zones in Culbin, but if you could scatter maybe 12 zones around the forest would make a fun bike trip?

Many thanks for your efforts creating fun for us.
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

Hello
I believe there may have been some problems with the forum.
Just wondering if my post from 11 April has been seen?
Thanks
Lauraloll

Post by Lauraloll »

Just submitted a zone at Alturlie Point not too far away from Inverness. Road comes to a dead end, but still a bonny cycle out and back!!
First ever suggestion. Will wait to see if this is approved before I try any more :lol:
Lauraloll

Post by Lauraloll »

Saw I had 8 suggestions left till end of round so thought I'd cross my fingers, hope I'm doing it all right and submit some more:
Tick Tock - a famous clock
stone Circle - in the middle of housing estate in Aviemore
Cromwell Clock - Inverness
Boath Doocot - Auldearn
Stratton - old hotel by Culloden
Time Stump - stump with local time line plaques
Boar Stone - standing spot of Knochnagael
Ormond Castle - by the flying saltire. Great views
If I'm doing something wrong please let me know
Lauraloll

Post by Lauraloll »

Good morning on a wet and dreich day in Inverness.
Submitted a couple of zones yesterday (RollingReggie, 2Or3Wheels and FieldPass). All are off-road on paths suitable for walking/bikes/prams. Would be especially nice to have some more options outside of the city.
Thank you :)
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

Hello, posts are seen, sometimes sooner sometimes later. Those of us who place zones often have many regions in many countries to work with in the little spare time we have. Adding suggestions in the app is a great help, but we can't identify who made a suggestion and we can't search for them. So pushing for named app suggestions here is not much of a help as I can't easily find them among the other 100 suggestions. If you can post a map or screenshot with your best-of the best suggestions drawn it would help (but don't make maps with 100 suggestion, focus on the important ones). Same thing with places of interrest (which we love), spares us the time we have to google it up which takes time from actual zone making. Thanks!
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

Thank you for the fantastic array of new zones in Nairn, Aviemore & the Cairngorm area 🤩🤩
Lauraloll

Post by Lauraloll »

Hiya
Zone submitted in Lairg (at a tomb on top of a hill), middle of Scotland, UK
Screenshot attached :)
Figured if I took screenshot any closer you'd have no idea where it had been taken! Let me know if this isn't what you meant...
Attachments
Lairg turf.jpeg
Lairg turf.jpeg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Lauraloll

Post by Lauraloll »

Also a few by Inverness, Scotland - alongside the River Ness. No sign of Nessie ;)
Attachments
Inverness Turf.jpg
Inverness Turf.jpg (60.14 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

Lairg will get the tomb and a few extra. Inverness is full of app suggestions, most are either to close to existing zones (we try to keep approx 250m between them) or on motor roads (where we don't put zones). If you know good spots that doesn't violate these criteria, please zoom in the map and make a screenshot with you locations marked.

Return to “Scotland”