Inverness & Highlands

Moderators: Issue manager, Zonemakers

AroonTheToon

Inverness & Highlands

Post by AroonTheToon »

Setting up new Topic.
Massive thanks to zone setters for their efforts. Lots of us loving this up here.
PS Can we have chat function enabled for our local group?
(I've set one up called 'sneckers'.....from "inversneck")
embeoo
Zonemaker

Re: Inverness & Highlands

Post by embeoo »

There are only chats at global, country, and regional level. Although supporters can create a private group and see a top list for it, there is no chat associated.

There is nothing to 'enable' and I doubt the feature would be added due to concern if these should be moderated, and/or if andrimon would be held responsible for what is written there.

'So you will have to rely on third party solutions for communication within your group.
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

Ok, thank you for the reply
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

Hi
I have a couple of suggestions for Ord Hill Forest just North of Inverness across the Bridge, which would link up nicely with the existing one, and the ones at North Kessock.

OrdTrig N 57.50760, W 4.23850
There is a Trig Point here on a knoll, that connects to a lot of the forest paths

OrdView N 57.50587 W 4.23922
There's a nice clearing here, supplied by a footpath with a bench overlooking the Moray firth, kessock bridge and Inverness.

You may wish to add some more zones on some of the surrounding paths? There are also a paths from north kessock (on the east side) connecting to the forest, and along the coast to Kilmuir.

I've also suggested a few zones on the turf app between Inverness and Nairn at good locations for walking/cycling. The petty church one is to highlight a good place to cross the A96 from quiet roads on the south side, to quiet roads heading to Ardersier, good for cyclists

Many thanks 😊👍
Brellir
Zonemaker

Post by Brellir »

Hi!
Now there is a number of new zones based on your suggestions. Thankyou for givning us local information that hopefully lead to nice and well-visits zones 😊
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

Excellent, thank you so much and for all your work giving us Turfers great fun 🤩
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

Hi, I enjoyed my wee jaunt around Muir of Ord & Dingwall today, especially the smell of whisky from the distillery! I've suggested a few zones on the app near Dingwall, just north of Inverness.
First the Tower in Dingwall overlooking the town.
A few miles north east, Fyrish Monument a nice walk up a hill overlooking the Cromarty Firth.
A few miles North West of Dingwall, Ben Wyvis, the closest proper mountain (Munro) for Inverness Turfers.
Many thanks 😊👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇸🇪
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

I've also thrown in Little Wyvis & Tom na Caillich, but probably haven't marked them accurately o the app. The coordinates are
N 57.64287 W 4.63250
N 57.65125 W 4.61775
Thank you!
(Black flag above was meant to be Scottish saltire)
Brellir
Zonemaker

Post by Brellir »

Hi!
Now you have some challenging zones at higher altitudes you can tackle. Hopefully I have managed to find the right place on the zones.
Good luck!
AroonTheToon

Post by AroonTheToon »

Fantastic, thank you 😊

Return to “Scotland”