New Zones - Milton Keynes

Moderators: Issue manager, Zonemakers

BCountrySoul

New Zones - Milton Keynes

Post by BCountrySoul »

I’ve used up my suggestions for this month to add some new zones in MK using the app.Trying to fill in some gaps. Hopefully these will be picked up shortly.

Although from next month I’d like to add in more going down the Grand Union Canal from Campbell Park to Fenny Stratford then coming back up the River Ouzel to create another loop.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Re: New Zones - Milton Keynes

Post by Kingslayer »

I shall have a look at this the next few days. Please notice we don't get a notification when app suggestions are made, nor can we see who made them. They are just accumulated as dots on our zone creation map. Hence the need for using the forum.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

There will appear 3 a day for some time.
BCountrySoul

Post by BCountrySoul »

Kingslayer wrote: 26 Nov 2021 10:33 I shall have a look at this the next few days. Please notice we don't get a notification when app suggestions are made, nor can we see who made them. They are just accumulated as dots on our zone creation map. Hence the need for using the forum.
Thanks for the explanation as I wasn’t aware of this.

I have been suggesting zones for a number of months through the app but they weren’t getting anywhere and then I was told to join this forum which I did several months ago. Unfortunate the registration didn’t seem to work or send me an email to rectify it so I was kind of stuck.

But within the last week after mentioning in messages on the app someone appears to have picked this up and fixed my registration so now I can come on here to highlight any zones I suggest in future. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I’ve seen the first 3 zones pop up so will look out over the coming days for the others. 👍
BCountrySoul

Post by BCountrySoul »

I be also have a query about what happens with the zone suggestions.

I’ve noticed in the past that some are not placed where the suggestion was but sometimes the zone maker appears to just choose somewhere alternate nearby?

Also this morning I’ve had emails to say 2 of my suggestions have been put in place but they’re in a completely different area altogether to the ones I put through a few days ago?

I’ve probably made 40-50 suggestions several months ago that were not put through so is it possible that these are from then?
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

Anyone who made a zone suggestion within 200m (or so) from the final placement will get a "Zone suggestion accepted" email.
BCountrySoul

Post by BCountrySoul »

Kingslayer wrote: 27 Nov 2021 09:46 There will appear 3 a day for some time.
I assume there are still a lot to go through?
If so I’ll hold back and wait to see what areas have them appear before suggesting more.
BCountrySoul

Post by BCountrySoul »

Hi,

I see you’ve added 3 zones this morning but they’re all on Open University property.

I work for the University and I can assure you that security won’t be too happy about people accessing those areas as they’re in between buildings.

I’d suggest moving them to paths just outside the OU.

Move “Pentz” to the nearby footbridge over the River Ouzel just north of the cricket pitch.

Move “Hypervelocity” south to the Poppy Bridge over the River Ouzel just south of H9 Groveway.

Move “Multifrank” east by about 50 metres to the Redway next to the roundabout off Timbold Drive.

This should put them all outside the OU boundaries.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

Hello, can you elaborate on why the university grounds should be consider closed for public access? This is quite unusual, and in Google streetview you can follow the pedestrian/bike paths from outside the area into each of the zones without gates or Keep Away signs. The downloadable map on the home page doesn't indicate the area to be closed to public either.

Return to “South East England”