Japan visit

svenlutte

Japan visit

Post by svenlutte »

Hi,
As a turfer, I’m currently in Japan on vacation and glad to find zones in some places I visit during the trip. On Wednesday, I was to Nagasaki and catched some zones. Friday, I visited the city of Fukuoka and took some zones. Then, I also had a Japanese friend download the app and we had a few zones together. We also had a few zones in Hiroshima together on Saturday evening, but missed it was a zone at Torii gate on the island Itsukushima.
Will spend a few days in their Spa city Beppu and end my trip in Kurume. None of those places have zones today. Hopefully i can take a zone in Fukuoka before leaving.
As my Japanese friends lives in Kurume, I have suggested a few spots today and will suggest a few more before leaving. One zone along the river in a park. Another zone (long) over an old railroad bridge south of the city that now is a walk way. The bridge is open, so it needs to be long, to be takeable from both sides. Option is to have 2 zones, one for each side. Images are in camera, so I might add that later.
Thanks, /Sven
Shitty
Zonemaker

Re: Japan visit

Post by Shitty »

Threw some in there, enjoy :)
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Thanks Shitty,
The Beppu zones, we will try to take today. And the Kurume zones tomorrow or Friday. We will also try to suggest more zones in Kurume and see IF we can get a few more turfers 😊
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

I hope you have noticed that theJapanese turfer from Kurume is back home?
She has taken 3 of the 4 zones in town this month. I hope she also will start invite her friends to play Turf. Sometimes they also go to the larger city Fukuoka. Hopefully, they will try to take a few zones in that city also and invite friends there also to play. Maybe it’s possible to get a group playing and have it spread out over Japan over time.
I have a few spots suggested for zones in Kurume city center. I will also have my Japanese friend to suggest zones herself. I will be visiting again in September, fun if it will be more zones to take then. Next week, I hope to add Kaliningrad zone to my list. Applied for Russian VISA today and will visit all Baltic counties during a week.
Thanks /Sven
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Now, we have 2 local turfers, living in the city of Kurume. They have only 4 zones within the city, to get more friends starting, and to be fun turfing, they need more zones.
I have suggested a few spots for zones. I will also learn one of them, how to suggest zones in god places (as they know the city), also places closer to their living area. At least one of them has friends in Fukuoka, a city less than 1 h away with around 10 zones already. Hopefully, this turfer also can get a few in this city to start. @Shitty, something you can fix?
Shitty
Zonemaker

Post by Shitty »

More to come, but atleast some new.
Hope they´ll enjoy :)
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Hi,
Just want to say that there is 3 turfers in Kurume now. Hopfully it will slowly grow in numbers and also invite their friends in Fukuoka to start turf. I have told them to learn , how to suggest zones, and suggest zones in areas they visit often. As their neighborhood or work area. As zones that’s easy to take, will be taken more often.
The most active turfer will come to Sweden soon, and spend the autumn here.
/Sven
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Was in Krume, in early January and had the zones. Not the ones created at the walk bridge over Chikugo river, but all others. Now, you have 1 active turfer, and 4 registered (I know one more of them).
Please give them a few more zones to take. As I know, one of them living close to the museum, I suggested a zone in front of it now. The active turfer is living with walking distance from Tenrikyo zone. You have a few suggestions also in this area. Problem in Japan is, that it's very dense area and hard to find good spots without interfere with traffic.
Thanks /Sven
Shitty
Zonemaker

Post by Shitty »

Some more :)
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Hi @Shitty,
I guess you involved in the new turf zones created on Kuoshu now?
As you might have seen, there is a new turfer now in Kurume now. We will try to have those that has signed up to start take zones from each other. I will be in Japan in March next year and take all the new zones and support new turfers and learn them more. Take zones together an see if what we can for number on crowdy. I also think, that in March, it will be first time a region in Japan will have a region winner with medal. Maybe not a Japan winner in March, but hopefully later during the year.
Thanks /Sven

Return to “Zones”