bad zones near Preston

ogirl

bad zones near Preston

Post by ogirl »

Thanks for all the zones. New to turf but having fun. The following zones do not work
1. Preston East (bridge is dangerous and closed- suggest move the zone to N end of bridge
2. Whitendale- behind gates, no public access- move W to car park
3. Garrisonroad- houses built on site so no access
4.dryorwet - GPS often hard, extend the zone 5m west so dont need to be in the lake
6.Doctorribble- behind high fence, no public access- suggest extend onto road S
7.TardyHolyGate- private land
8. Claytons yard (Blackpool)- gated private gardens
9. Rollercoaster- in Covid closed amusement park- suggest move W to Promenade
10. Kirkhamsports- private land
Also we have some great zones in Preston but there is a big space with none to W and S of Sheratonfield. Can we have some more in this area please
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Re: bad zones near Preston

Post by Maqqan »

Please write an issue via https://issues.turfgame.com/zones for each zone.
ogirl

Post by ogirl »

I have tried but although I am logged on to the rest of Turf it says log on to report. When I try to logon again it just goes to a blank page. Nevermind- it just means those 10 zones will never be visited
Optimus
Zonemaker

Post by Optimus »

I take a look at them at once !
ImageImage
Optimus
Zonemaker

Post by Optimus »

First of all - thank you for your error reports !

"PrestonEast" - Is the bridge closed for public use? North of the bridge will be to close to "FunnelInPark"... Is south of the bridge a place where it´s public access? (Not moved yet.)

"Whitendale" - A parkingplace is not a good place for a zone. To deal with this I have to move "PieceOfCake" (and rename it to "DawsonWalk") and then I find a space for it - and rename that to "PieceOfCake" ! :-)
(And speaking of that, "LancashireUni" is also moved who was on a parkingplace.)

"Garrisonroad" - needs to be moved ofcourse! New name is "ChapmanWoods".

"DryOrWet" - fixed as you suggested (and a little bit more).

"DoctorRibble" - It´s fence all the way to the road and on the road is not good... Moved to north part of the cemetery, kept its name (which I do not know where it came from).

"TardyHolyGate" - looked like a good spot on the map... And fences everywhere nearby... :-) It has to move quite a bit, and the new name is "TardyField". And in addition you get a new zone "TardyHump".

"ClaytonsYard" - Moved and renamed to "HighfieldWalk".

"RollerCoaster" - We hope for Covid to dissapear soon but I move it so it could be taken. New name "RollerView".

"KirkhamSports" - Yes, I understand that it´s in the school´s area. Moved and changed name to "WillowsCorner" - and become a Holy-zone !

Please check my question about "PrestonEast".

I do not know if you have discovered it, but in the app you can each game round give 3 suggestions for good places for zones. A good place can be in an interesting or beautiful place. We who lay the zones are grateful to take the help of the users, because without suggestions we lay zones mostly with the help of Google's maps ...
ImageImage
ogirl

Post by ogirl »

Thank you so much.
For Roller coaster even after Covid I think you would need to pay entrance fee to get into amusement park so its good you moved it.
For Preston east - the bridge. It will be shut for a long time. There is access on S side or you could move it to a play area/ grass area 200m east.
Yes I know about 3 suggestions in the App. I made 3 for the far western edge of Preston where I live but no zones yet.
I did the new ones in Preston Cottam area this morning and so did a friend. They were all good and there is space for even more further west of them. Lots of green space in the Cottam suburb and along the canal in that part of town.
Optimus
Zonemaker

Post by Optimus »

PrestonEast is moved to the east, I think that´s the best position for it as long as the bridge is closed.

There are zones in places where you have to pay admission or places where you only enter certain days / times, such as zoos and castles, so it's normally OK. But right now it is so uncertain when amusement parks and other things can reopen, so it´s better to "move out".

There is probably something new to discover in the western part of the city... :-)
ImageImage
ogirl

Post by ogirl »

Wow, thanks for all the new zones. Superb.
ogirl

Post by ogirl »

just spotted 3 zones on island in lakes? 2 in Southport and 1 in Blackpool. Not really any access to these . It is rare for them to freeze over and too deep to walk

Return to “Zones”