Zones in Minnesota, USA

embeoo
Zonemaker

Re: Zones in Minnesota, USA

Postby embeoo » 26 Jan 2021, 13:43

Suggestion allowance is raised! 7 per round now. (And 21 for supporters). Use them!

kelih

Postby kelih » 27 Jan 2021, 23:54

This is great! I suggested 7!

kelih

Postby kelih » 28 Jan 2021, 00:01

Also, there are two zones currently that are dangerous to access and/or closed off from the public. They are BoomingLights and WaterPower. If they could be moved, that would be great!

Westeras
Zonemaker

Postby Westeras » 28 Jan 2021, 07:58

Also, there are two zones currently that are dangerous to access and/or closed off from the public. They are BoomingLights and WaterPower. If they could be moved, that would be great!
Report dangerous or faulty zones here https://issues.turfgame.com/

MtkaHek

Postby MtkaHek » 28 Jan 2021, 16:52

Adding a thought in a slightly different vein here...

I'm a bicycling advocate in a suburb west of Minneapolis (city of Minnetonka). I'd like to encourage all of the new bicyclists and people getting outside this past year (thank you, COVID!) to continue their outside activities into the future and Turf seems a good way to do that. In fact, the City of Minnetonka had a park-based "scavenger" hunt the last 4 weeks (The Great Yeti Hunt - https://www.minnetonkamn.gov/home/showp ... nt?id=7962) that seems to have been pretty successful at getting/ keeping people outside.

In order to have a potential "game board" populated in Minnetonka (& the surrounding area) before Spring, can there be a quick focus out here, too? I've already got three Zones and have requested 7 more (mostly focusing on parks) and would love additional Zones in parks and at other destinations that might draw additional foot/bike visitors (the Dairy Queen, etc).

Thanks!

MtkaHek

Postby MtkaHek » 29 Jan 2021, 03:53

21 for supporters?! Hmmm...

embeoo
Zonemaker

Postby embeoo » 29 Jan 2021, 11:36

Key here is continued activity. You (all of you, but especially if well of centre) would like to have zones just about everywhere, and we could do that (pending me having time to lay them) but after a suger rush 'oh I have so many zones' the game goes kind of dull if no one takes them of you. Doing revisits, taking your own zones after 23h+ for half the points are lacklustre.

So, do you so far active turfers have common battle grounds, where you'd be often, turf or not? Home, work, workout, leisure?. I think daily action will be a better foundation to build from. So far what I have seen is that a few of you go for new zones once, but maybe there already is a fight over a some of them? Like the pyramid scheme this is ;) we like you to drag other into it, and then it is good if they see something happening with zones they have taken or when they look around.

When talking about bike corridors, some are painted part of the road. Good for you, but Turf zones don't go on any part of the street normally. So mostly it will be along the river I figure. There is no disused railway turned bikepath? Those are very nice.

And then the season. I figure a few of you is hardcore enough to still be biking, but the majority is not, right? Should we wait for spring before doing a larger push? About when would ice and snow be gone for good normally?

embeoo
Zonemaker

Postby embeoo » 29 Jan 2021, 19:44

Moved the zones. But issues.turfgame.com in the future, to make sure it gets done and have reason documented.

kelih

Postby kelih » 31 Jan 2021, 19:29

Thank you, embeoo, for moving the two zones. I'll use the issues page in the future.

Yes, Minneapolis does have a very popular disued railway bike path, called the Midtown Greenway. I believe I suggested a few zones along it when the suggestion limit was raised to 7 recently.

Here is the official map of the Midtown Greenway: https://ignitr.com/files/mgc/ckfinder/f ... essMAP.pdf

And here is the map on Google Maps, if that is easier for you to use: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/44.9545 ... 463596!3e1

I think zones along the Mississippi River will also be popular, especially in warmer months when many people ride bikes.

MtkaHek

Postby MtkaHek » 08 Feb 2021, 16:45

Do previous Zone requests get retained for possible later implementation? Or do those requested Zones get deleted after the end of the Round during which they were requested and need to be re-requested?

Return to “Zones”