Suggestion for Shanghai zones

Morgansson

Suggestion for Shanghai zones

Post by Morgansson »

Hi!

I haven't been very active on this forum, but i've posting even more in the Turf-group on Facebook.
I've just moved to Shanghai, as so far we only have one zone here. I'm starting university on a few weeks, and i would like to introduce Turf to my fellow students as a way to bring us all together, but also to market Turf in China. I know we are more turfers here apart from myself already, since i'm not allowed to keep the one zone that's already here...

Here is my suggestion for Shanghais first 35 zones: http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/S ... anghaiTurf

You will have to look at the map in Satellite mode, otherwise the zones will be placed completely wrong. I've also attached name suggestions to each zone. Each zone has been placed so that it's close enough to another zone to get the player to go take "just one more" and/or next to big landmarks. A few zones have been placed on and around university campus.
SunYour
Zone General

Re: Suggestion for Shanghai zones

Post by SunYour »

Sorry, no plan to do a public release of Turf in China at the moment, but in the mean time, we added some new zones.
Your friends will not be able to even dowload the app from the store...
Mobile: Samsung S7| Location: Västerås / Stockholm
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

Blabert wrote:And only Android users can install the app via download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5uwDxt ... cslist_api
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
Morgansson

Re: Sv: Suggestion for Shanghai zones

Post by Morgansson »

What you seem to miss SunYour is that a very large number of people already use VPN to access services like Facebook and Google. Therefor they should also be able to download the app without any large difficulties.

Thanks for the new zones though. Unfortunately the one by the TV-tower is within the fence of the tourist attraction, alas you need to pay 160 RMB (25 USD) to get in. Please move the zone outside the front gate. The ticket booth is the small white square just SE of the zone, just N of the roundabout (circle). Please move it SE of the booth.

StarDust
Zonemaker

Post by StarDust »

Some zones require you to enter such areas. There are many such zones scattered around everywhere. My suggestion since this is a not so densely zoned area is to build another zone as a compensation but to keep this zone as it is.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
Morgansson

Post by Morgansson »

I understand that such zones exist. For example I love the one inside Tivoli in Denmark. That is a nice place/park that you would visit more than once. Same with Liseberg and Gröna Lund.
This, on the other hand, is a tourist attraction that you would never visit more than once regardless of if you live here or visit Shanghai for a business or tourist trip, and certainly not for that price.
OlolaKok

Post by OlolaKok »

Thanks for the new Zones.

The new location of TV Tower is perfect. Actually, I have no problem with 'payzone zones' but they should not be more than a few percent of the total number of zones in the region. 1/3 was way too many ;)

Thanx again!
/OlolaKok , Emperor of China and proud owner of 'Peoples Square' for 3 Years. 8-)
mortuus
Donator

Post by mortuus »

OlolaKok wrote:Thanks for the new Zones.

The new location of TV Tower is perfect. Actually, I have no problem with 'payzone zones' but they should not be more than a few percent of the total number of zones in the region. 1/3 was way too many ;)

Thanx again!
/OlolaKok , Emperor of China and proud owner of 'Peoples Square' for 3 Years. 8-)
You should play Ingress instead far more activity worldwide now, whats the fun having a 1pph zone for 3years with no takeovers???
Mobil: Samsung Galaxy S5 White Ort: Malmö
Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImage
StarDust
Zonemaker

Post by StarDust »

Blasphemy!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

Return to “Zones”