Singapore zones

pab

Singapore zones

Postby pab » 21 Jan 2016, 13:52

I am trying to expant Turf in Singapore both by suggesting new zones and promoting to cyclist. I find response time for zone suggesstion long. How can we start a local community to speed up zone approval?
// pab

hazzard

Re: Singapore zones

Postby hazzard » 21 Jan 2016, 13:53

Cant we just give up expanding turf in asia? they all play ingress now anyways nobody wants to play there all zones are either 0pph or just 1 anyway... we should focus on europe or us instead easier. due to language and all that turf isnt a social game anyway u cant play together or even take zones in pair, ingress u can play solo or even teams with 20 people or more turf lacks this sadly...

abruptor

Postby abruptor » 28 Jan 2016, 14:48

With that logic, since there's a very limited amount of players outside of Sweden, why bother working outside of Sweden at all?

hazzard

Postby hazzard » 28 Jan 2016, 15:22

because if u look at the map people go more often to Europe on vacation. If you look at most european zones and how many times they have been taken and compare that to the asian zones big difference.

But the problem is localization, the app translated to asian market would be a good start i think..

pab

Postby pab » 29 Jan 2016, 08:39

Well, I'm not a computer guy but in Singapore English is national language so I don't see the need for translation. We are a lot of Europeans living here and TURF will never reach EU levels ofzone taken with only 5 zones. With more zones more users!

hazzard

Postby hazzard » 29 Jan 2016, 15:03

u are wrong, most asians on their phones i doubt they are using english language or keyboard..

pab

Postby pab » 29 Jan 2016, 15:33

OK. But then officially state that TURF is not to be used in Asia so potential user don't get disappointed. Will find some otherkind of activity.Thanks.

embeoo
Zonemaker

Postby embeoo » 29 Jan 2016, 21:14

pab, hazzard doesn't speak for turf crew so don't bail out because of that. (I don't speak /for/ turf crew either here, but at least I am part of it)

After South Korea there is no direct plans for starting full blown turf countries in Asia, but time will tell. In the meantime, suggest zones here in the forum and not in the app for higher visibility. (really special/tourist worthy places will probably fare better) And also show that there is potential, that activity exists and that you will work to raise it. Many have said they will get a thing going if thy only get zones, but so far we haven't seen such a sunshine story, with zones or without. If you start the community openly and hang here or on Facebook or something things might start off more smoothly.

Or maybe just get out there and take back those downtown zones you lost two weeks ago. They are held from sweden now ;)

hazzard

Postby hazzard » 30 Jan 2016, 01:54

funny turf isnt even available in the US market to download yet despite there are many zones now in SF and around that area and english there shouldnt be a problem. pab dont be mad at me i just state my opinion this is a forum after all..

Velocipedryttaren

Postby Velocipedryttaren » 30 Jan 2016, 07:08

SF zone came around August 2012, not particularly new. It has been to bring in the brand Turf on the US market for the future. To release download for the app in SF also makes it possible to download the entire United States and then rating for the app will plummet to the bottom levels when there are so few zones in the rest of the country.

Return to “Zones”