What is assist?

Dr_Xemacs

What is assist?

Post by Dr_Xemacs »

Hi there. Here is a newbie question.

I and my son tried assisting each other the other day, but it seems I have not got the idea of assisting. What is assisting by definitions? I thought after assisting both got to own the zone.

It seemed we both simultaneously took a zone so it looked as if we both had the zone, only a second later one had the zone and the other one didn't. So is assisting only for the points?

How come one (the one finally getting to own the zone) raises his arms fully and the other one raises his arms to half? What defines who gets his arms full up?

My son got a little depraved as it seemed I got all the zones and he didn't, so just to make him happy i forfeited zones backing out as he took them.

I would love some newbie explanation please.

All the best: Lasse (aka Dr_Xemacs aka Thors_Hornet)
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Re: What is assist?

Post by Maqqan »

Hi

When one performs a assist you only get the takepoints for the zone, no pph which you only get when you do a takeover of the zone. Everyone who are standing in a zone while a takeover is done gets a assist.

The one of you who has the shortest takeover time will be the one to get the takeover if you enters the zone simultaneously. You can check out your takeover time by clicking on your ranks on the info page: https://turfgame.com/info

In the time b.a. (before assist) the player with the shortest takeover time claimed both the takeover points and the pph for owning the zone, if another player was standing in the zone with longer takeover time he would had to leave empty handed.

The player who gets the takeover will raise his arms fully and the player getting the assist will raise them half way up.

It sound like you have a shorter takeover time then your son so one solution would be for you to enter the zone a few seconds after your son.
Dr_Xemacs

Post by Dr_Xemacs »

Hi!

Thanks for the answer. I think I'm more into it now.

All best Lasse
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

A positive thing about being the assister is that you get +1 zone towards an assist medal (first one at 5 assists) that the other person doesn't get.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
PaltN

Post by PaltN »

Splendid explanation guys, and a good reminder to expand the english wiki for the game and its features. I am creating a page dedicated to assists on the english wiki right now! :D
PaltN

Post by PaltN »

Dr_Xemacs wrote: 08 Jun 2018 11:40 Hi!

Thanks for the answer. I think I'm more into it now.
A new wiki page dedicated to assists has now been created!
Check it out here: https://wiki.turfgame.com/en/wiki/Assist
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

Note also that the assister gets a take on the zone in all aspects except owning it afterwards. Same takepoints as already mentioned, +1 on your total take count, it is included in the session graph at warded, and zone is marked as visited (if you care for unique zones).

Return to “Gameplay”