How to play Turf (FAQ)

Dacop
Zonemaker

Re: How to play Turf (FAQ)

Post by Dacop »

thomthom wrote:What's the GPS bonus? As long as it's active the takeover time is shorter? (how can you even take a zone without it? triangulation by WiFI?)
If the GPS bonus fixed or does it increase?
You need to have the GPS on for ten minutes before the bonus comes into effect.
The bonus is five seconds shorter takeovertime and it's fixed.
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
Zontjuven

Post by Zontjuven »

Dacop wrote:
thomthom wrote:What's the GPS bonus? As long as it's active the takeover time is shorter? (how can you even take a zone without it? triangulation by WiFI?)
If the GPS bonus fixed or does it increase?
You need to have the GPS on for ten minutes before the bonus comes into effect.
The bonus is five seconds shorter takeovertime and it's fixed.
Without GPS is a tactical move. You only put on the GPS when inside the zone, and then off again. In this way you won't show your path or intentions.
But... it can and will be bad some day when you are in the zone at the same time as another turfer, that´s when you need a really short takeovertime :D
Fd världsmästare i TURF
SaLa
Information Manager

Post by SaLa »

Arias wrote:
How long is a game?
A single game will begin at 12:00 on a Sunday, at the end or beginning of the month. A game round is either four or five weeks long and ends on a Sunday at 12:00, after which a new round begins immediately.

What is the "home region" and how can I change it?
- Home-region is the region which You belong to, this is calculated after which region you took the highest number of zones over the past 30 days. It is not possible to change manually.

Region:
A region consists of multiple zones in a wider area. Usually a city. Can be confusing since some scattered zones, located in other cities, may belong to a neighboring region rather than its own.

Achieve a new rank by getting a certain amount of total points by taking over zones. Rank is like a new class or grade, which means that you get extended blocktime of 2 min for every rank you get.
Rank modules can be found here - Ranks Swedish thread

Block Time:
The blocktime is calculated by your rank x 2. Max is 60 min blocktime. Everyone has at least 5 min. When a zone is blocked, You can not take it. Another turfers zone is striped when it´s blocked. Click on it to see how long it is left before it becomes available to take over again. A green striped zone is a zone that you just took. Click the zone to see how long it is left before anyone could get there and take it from you.
The text above needs to be changed. Feel free to use or change the text below.

And Arias: can you make this to a sticky topic? :)

How long is a game?
A single game will begin at 11:00 GMT on a Sunday, at the end or beginning of the month. A game round is either four or five weeks long and ends on a Sunday at 11:00 GMT, after which a new round begins immediately.

What is the "home region" and how can I change it?
Home-region is the region which you belong to, right now that is the region you took the last zone in.

Region:
A country is often in some way divided to provinces, these makes the regions. A region consists of multiple zones in a wider area. Every region has a toplist and a chat.

Achieve a new rank by getting a certain amount of total points by taking over zones. Rank is like a new class or grade, which means that you get extended blocktime with 1 min for every rank you get.
Rank modules can be found here - Ranks Swedish thread

Block Time:
The block time is the same number as your rank but max is 30 min block time. Everyone has at least 5 min. When a zone is blocked, you can not take it. Another turfers zone is striped when it´s blocked. Click on it to see how long it is left before it becomes available to take over again. A green striped zone is a zone that you just took. Click the zone to see how long it is left before anyone could get there and take it from you.
MrEverywhere

Post by MrEverywhere »

Do you got blocktime on re-visits?
tretton

Post by tretton »

Yes, but just five minutes.
Google Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.2 - Växjö - Advanced Turfer (39)
Unique Zones: 359 - Visited Regions 12 - Fastest Eager Weasel: 8.31
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fler än 50 dagar i rad med minst en session om dagen.
SaLa
Information Manager

Post by SaLa »

First post updated. Please tell me if I forgot something :)
GuteLappen

Post by GuteLappen »

WIKI!
SaLa
Information Manager

Post by SaLa »

GuteLappen wrote:WIKI!
Yes, this is a perfect thread with stuff for a wiki. We are working on a wiki. First we will make it in Swedish, later we will translate it to English. You are very welcome to help with the wiki! :)
snood

Post by snood »

SaLa wrote:
GuteLappen wrote:WIKI!
Yes, this is a perfect thread with stuff for a wiki. We are working on a wiki. First we will make it in Swedish, later we will translate it to English. You are very welcome to help with the wiki! :)
SaLa, This seems to me to be completely the wrong way to be doing this. If the idea is to become a global game, then the wiki should first be written in English then translated into Swedish. I understand that the largest userbase is currently in Sweden (notice I didn't say Swedish) however lets face it, Swedish is a tiny language on the global scale, I would suggest that at least 95% of all Turf Players are more than competent with English.

The risk is that by starting in Swedish it will continue to make turf unappealing to non-swedes and translation to English (or other languages) from there will be painfully slow. With English as the primary language I am sure that translations would happen much quicker. It would further reguce the current problem where information is only available in Swedish, If you continuie to develop Swedish first then when translating to English, details will be missed, it makes much more sense to keep the highest level of detail in the most understood language (this is always true of translations, detail is always lost unless translating TO the translator's native language)
Blabert
Zonemaker

Re: Sv: How to play Turf (FAQ)

Post by Blabert »

Surprisingly enough, many in the swedish base of turfers are very reluctant to use English, why I don't know. So I guess that's why they chose to start the wiki in swedish. Either way, an English version is on the way already :-)

Skickat från min GT-N7105 via Tapatalk 2

Return to “Gameplay”