No Coverage For Order of Aqua

flyingchicken

No Coverage For Order of Aqua

Post by flyingchicken »

I drove over an hour to go to the only zone available for “order of Aquamen” medal. Swam out to it, and then the problems began - the GPS would jump erratically around. After 50 minutes swimming in circles in the North Sea, a paddle boarder thought I was in distress. After explaining, he helped me for a further 10 minutes (as I’m not having to tread water with my phone in the air) whilst clinging to his paddle board. Then a sea kayaker saw this unfold and also came to the rescue… A further 10 minutes of chasing a moving goal post, I gave up, feeling grumpy.

I’ll raise this as an issue - but my question, are zones able to be granted where suitable evidence shows someone was in the area (I’ve a few screen shots). And can zones be made bigger? I’m a strong swimming, but others may not be so - yes it’s an individual risk, but a determined Turfer who may not be a strong swimmer could encourage one to get into a spot of bother - I don’t want to see any Turfers in the news for the wrong reason!
flyingchicken

Re: No Coverage For Order of Aqua

Post by flyingchicken »

Mind you, if they do find themselves in the newspaper whilst attempting to get the Order of Aquamen, they could at least get the Paper Expandator 😉
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Post by Maqqan »

There is no possibility to give you the take afterwards unfortunately.

Waterzones shall be placed so that you can't walk to it but you shouldn't have to swim for more then perhaps 10 meters or so. So if the zone are too far out and to small, please write a issue.

Tapatalking with iPhone 12 Pro
flyingchicken

Post by flyingchicken »

Thanks for your reply - I have raised the issue yesterday with the zone size. I didn’t write the distance in the issue but I’m pretty sure the zone is much further than 10 meters away! It defence of whoever placed it, it’s hard to gauge around there how much swimming is involved. But the zone certainly needs increasing in size to help accommodate poor connectivity.
flyingchicken

Post by flyingchicken »

Hi, I did raise an issue for the zone but not sure how long these generally take to get resolved? I’ve also put a few other zone suggestions for an Aquamen medal down the coast near Frinton On Sea, Holland on Sea & Clacton on Sea to mitigate the lack of coverage for the Walton on the Naze zone.
HappyF
Zonemaker

Post by HappyF »

Which zone is it?
Since it's vaction time sloving issues can take longer time than usual. All work is done on free time, so sometimes it just takes long time.
flyingchicken

Post by flyingchicken »

Thanks for looking into this - the zone is NAZEBATH, I believe the local topography could significantly impair coverage, so the zone would benefit from an increase in size.
I’ve also submitted suggestions further south down the coast for a few others - eggs and baskets and all that!
HappyF
Zonemaker

Post by HappyF »

I am not a zone master so I can't do anything about it. I just wanted to check that the issue wasn't lost. You just have to wait for the vacations to be over and then hopefully they will look into it.

Return to “Gameplay”