Problematic colors

paldepind

Problematic colors

Post by paldepind »

I'm green-red colorblind which is the most common for of colorblindness and for me it's almost impossible to tell the difference between the yellow zones and the green zones. It makes it hard for me to easily distinguish between the zones that I own and the zones that are neutral.

My suggestion would be to make either the green or the yellow color slightly darker.

Thanks for your consideration!
Image Image
Drassen
Site Admin

Re: Problematic colors

Post by Drassen »

This has come up before...

We will do a test with a slightly darker green color, cant promise anything yet though. Might be other solutions.
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--
paldepind

Post by paldepind »

Okay. I'm looking forward to it!

Another unrelated thing: It would be nice if resolution of the HUD graphics could be increased so it doesn't look as blocky on devices with high pixel density like my Xperia S. But it's a very minor problem really.
Image Image
Drassen
Site Admin

Post by Drassen »

Will be updated with time, dont worry:)
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--
Nattkryp

Post by Nattkryp »

If you select a zone you already use, then click owner. You can then press a button to show on map which zones the user currently own and they will show up with white borders. Hopefully it can help as a temporary solution to the color problem.
paldepind

Post by paldepind »

Thanks for the tip Nattkryp! I didn't know about that. It works great as a workaround.
Image Image
Nattkryp

Post by Nattkryp »

paldepind wrote:Thanks for the tip Nattkryp! I didn't know about that. It works great as a workaround.
Glad to hear that it works well :).
Dr_Xemacs

Post by Dr_Xemacs »

Hi there!

Thank you for this lovely game/app! I have enjoyed this first day with it! I even stumbled over another turfer on my trip! He won that zone i might add - since my phone had a dizzy GPS when i arrived at the zone.

Suggestion for the update adressing the colorblindness subject:

Why not make a customizing colors setting wherein the user can define colors that would work for him in his instance of "Turf". A non-colorblind user can settle with the default setting, and a colorblind person might not be red-green but have another "flavor" and thus might want to use another color setting than the red-green one.

Best wishes! Dr_Xemacs

Return to “Gameplay”