Pro mode / buffer mode

Klemfare

Pro mode / buffer mode

Post by Klemfare »

Hey!
The pro-mode is allready awsome for saving data traffic when abroad and paying pr megabyte! But i have a improvement suggestion for that to make it more playable: It should just store the buffered map, and not load anything else.

That way, when in a new city, as i imagine it, i could zoom out and show most the city where i will be, then enable buffer-mode, then i can zoom in to see the zones more precisely in relation to me, and still see the pixelated version of the big map i downloaded earlyer to be able to somewhat navigate from it.

And then it could maybe even be possible to manually tell it to download the map for exactly the view you're in at that moment.

Like it? :)
Blabert
Zonemaker

Re: Sv: Pro mode / buffer mode

Post by Blabert »

I think we all like it, but as far as I know Google objects.. Only way is to cache the normal google maps and pinpoint the zones in there. Or pay the data bill :-)

Skickat från min GT-N7105 via Tapatalk 2
Klemfare

Re: Pro mode / buffer mode

Post by Klemfare »

What, google objects to caching their maps at all, is that what you mean?
Last edited by Klemfare on 07 Jan 2013 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Blabert
Zonemaker

Re: Sv: Pro mode / buffer mode

Post by Blabert »

Klemfare wrote:What, google objects to caching their maps at all, is that what you mean??
No, not in the app Google maps but as far as I know they don't allow it in other apps, like Turf.

Skickat från min GT-N7105 via Tapatalk 2

Return to “Gameplay”