What strategy do you use?

Suneworld

What strategy do you use?

Post by Suneworld »

Hi!
I'm only a couple of days into the game and as I see it there are two obvious strategies;
1. Try to get zones that are not easily taken over so you get the hourly points for days
2. Try to get as many zones that you can and never mind if it is a revisit or if it will be taken over by another player. Maybe even have a regular daily route.

So what do you guys think is the best strategy?
Marrrs

Re: What strategy do you use?

Post by Marrrs »

No way I'm giving up my secret strategy! :-) Just kidding, I think you should do what feels like the most fun option at the moment, but #2 can never go wrong... Long term goals might fit some people better. Planning for a medal is fun as well and it feels good when you achieve it.
8-)
TBIT
Issue Manager

Post by TBIT »

Welcome to Turf! I'd say a combination of the two strategies.
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it
Isengrim

Post by Isengrim »

There is only one strategy, take as many as you can and when you lose them, take them back as quickly as you can :D
Byggaren
Zonemaker

Post by Byggaren »

Isengrim wrote:There is only one strategy, take as many as you can and when you lose them, take them back as quickly as you can :D
+1
TurfGalningen

Post by TurfGalningen »

Isengrim wrote:There is only one strategy, take as many as you can and when you lose them, take them back as quickly as you can :D
+1 på den från mig också. Jag har i alla fall inte hittat något annat bra sätt att klättra i listorna.
Men sen finns finns det ju många andra aspeketer av Turf än att komma först (man kan ju försöka vinna också :D ). Vinna medaljer t.ex. jaga unika zoner, satsa på en Weasel eller Dark Ninja.

Välkommen till Turf och Lycka till!
Mobil: HTC Desire S | Stad: Nyköping
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tyger

Post by Tyger »

The best strategy for winning is to move to a city with many zones but low activity.

If you can't do that I suggest you take a vacation for four or five weeks and stay in the same city as your closest contender and focus on always taking that turfer's zone + a few more. Or you could send someone else over to do that while you focus on taking zones in your vicinity while praying your fellow turfers will leave your zones.
Vintentina

Post by Vintentina »

The takepoints you get with the zones with lower PPH are worth very much. If you take two 9/65-zones and keep them for an hour, you get 148 points.
If you take one 1/185-zone you get 186 in one hour.

If you keep them for a week you woutld get much more for the 9/65-zones - but you can´t keep them even for a few hours.

So, a good strategy is to take zones with low PPH when everybody else is out, to get a lot of takepoints, an then at night, when you are alone, raid the city center, in order to get good PPH for a few early moring hours.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

The reason that high activity cities win the medals is a snowball effect where the most active player keeps a lot of high pph zones for a more than average time and in combination the pure zone density compared to smaller cities. Less active players will however gain more points in a low activity city as long as there are enough zones
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com

Return to “Gameplay”