Suggestion for new medal: steady tuefer

blackie

Suggestion for new medal: steady tuefer

Post by blackie »

I'd like to suggest a new medal, namely steady turfer. The medal would be awarded to the turfer who have taken zones every day for say 30 days. Several levels of that medal could exist for say 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, 6 month and a year.

It would be needed that one could see how far he is towards the medal.

Additional it could be required that at least a number of zones should be taken each day, or that a zone taken can only be used towards the medal every, say 3 day.
hazzard

Re: Suggestion for new medal: steady tuefer

Post by hazzard »

I would prefer turf medal for each year instead.
blackie

Post by blackie »

Well the idea is to motivate you to go out turfing, even when all chance of winning anything else is gone. I know it would motivate the hell out of me, though I of course would fail every time I was on the road :-o
Tacos

Post by Tacos »

Really good Idea. There is a lot of places with so few zones they can`t be a part of any national competition. I fully support a medal for staying in the game and be motivated to get out and enjoy the outdoors every day. The game is called "outdoor addiction" and to meet that slogan there must be more ways in the game to be addicted. I would motivate myself to be more addicted if a reward could be issued for taking zones in a steady pace.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

I would not like to see one that stretches for a whole year that's not a healthy way to live for such an extended period of time but one month sounds ok even if it's not the most exiting idea I've seen.
Last edited by DIProgan on 07 Jul 2016 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
hazzard

Post by hazzard »

DIProgan wrote:I would not like to see one that stretches for a whole year that's not a healthy way to live for such an extended period of time but one month sounds ok even if it's not the mot exhiting idea I've seen.
and why not ? is it healthy to have over 15 milion points like a few players have or almost 100.000 take overs ?? who knows.. i wouldnt mind such a medal.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

Because when you force yourself to stress over shit every day you can end up in bad places. A medal makes you do dumb shit you would otherwise not do while points and other goals that you setup for yourself are easier to give up on because noone told you they should be done or at all be possible to do. Medals should be a challenge not a hard to overview health hazard that creeps up on you over time.
hazzard

Post by hazzard »

DIProgan wrote:Because when you force yourself to stress over shit every day you can end up in bad places. A medal makes you do dumb shit you would otherwise not do while points and other goals that you setup for yourself are easier to give up on because noone told you they should be done or at all be possible to do. Medals should be a challenge not a hard to overview health hazard that creeps up on you over time.
Ridicilous statement!!
Last edited by hazzard on 10 Jul 2016 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

hazzard wrote:
DIProgan wrote:Because when you force yourself to stress over shit every day you can end up in bad places. A medal makes you do dumb shit you would otherwise not do while points and other goals that you setup for yourself are easier to give up on because noone told you they should be done or at all be possible to do. Medals should be a challenge not a hard to overview health hazard that creeps up on you over time.
sorry but this is just ridicilous statement and nothing else let everyone play as they want, there already are people who play this game day and night so what else is new... :roll:

And last i checked nobody is forced to take on a medal if it would exist or you are just lazy then you shouldnt take that out on others who maybe have the health to play active for a year or more i would look forward such medal and many others also as my activity is more or less zero now as i have no more medals to hunt..

Just because you are not prone to be affected by peer pressure doesn't mean others are not. There are certainly those who play an unhealthy amount of this game already but I can promise you the wrong type of medals give more people the incentive to do so. The creators have a responsibility in my eyes to not lead more people into unhealthy behaviour and they DO have that power! Not over everybody but some. Just because I'm being negative about one idea to a medal doesn't mean I don't want new medals, get a grip. Fuck me for caring about your and others health, right? As someone who's the most negative person I've ever seen you really shouldn't complain at all when someone else is. Back to the ignore list you go. Should never been taken off it.
hazzard

Post by hazzard »

DIProgan wrote:
hazzard wrote:
sorry but this is just ridicilous statement and nothing else let everyone play as they want, there already are people who play this game day and night so what else is new... :roll:

And last i checked nobody is forced to take on a medal if it would exist or you are just lazy then you shouldnt take that out on others who maybe have the health to play active for a year or more i would look forward such medal and many others also as my activity is more or less zero now as i have no more medals to hunt..

Just because you are not prone to be affected by peer pressure doesn't mean others are not. There are certainly those who play an unhealthy amount of this game already but I can promise you the wrong type of medals give more people the incentive to do so. The creators have a responsibility in my eyes to not lead more people into unhealthy behaviour and they DO have that power! Not over everybody but some. Just because I'm being negative about one idea to a medal doesn't mean I don't want new medals, get a grip. Fuck me for caring about your and others health, right? As someone who's the most negative person I've ever seen you really shouldn't complain at all when someone else is. Back to the ignore list you go. Should never been taken off it.
braindead..

Return to “Gameplay”