Spread the word of Turf!

Hylaeus

Re: Spread the word of Turf!

Post by Hylaeus »

I have found that people are wondering what we are doing when we visit zones. Turfers do stay a short time, so people seldom get the chance to ask what´s up and get informed. Therefor I made a bunch of plastic laminated posters which I have placed in Uppsala, Knivsta and Enköping, at zones or near zones were lots of people pass, such as KnivstaCity (the bike parking area next to Knivsta central station), on billboards or lampposts.
All 26 zones with posters have been photographed. Unfortunately I cannot attach pictures here due to their big size.

Hylaeus
Curiosity is my first name
SaLa
Information Manager

Post by SaLa »

Hylaeus wrote:I have found that people are wondering what we are doing when we visit zones. Turfers do stay a short time, so people seldom get the chance to ask what´s up and get informed. Therefor I made a bunch of plastic laminated posters which I have placed in Uppsala, Knivsta and Enköping, at zones or near zones were lots of people pass, such as KnivstaCity (the bike parking area next to Knivsta central station), on billboards or lampposts.
All 26 zones with posters have been photographed. Unfortunately I cannot attach pictures here due to their big size.

Hylaeus
Nice! Can you put them in a dropboxfolder or somewhere else where we can see them? Then you get a medal :)
Hylaeus

Post by Hylaeus »

Hi
I'm new to Dropbox so i hope this will work and u will get the pics
/Hylaeus

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Photos/Tur ... Turf%20ads
tretton

Post by tretton »

Hylaeus wrote:Hi
I'm new to Dropbox so i hope this will work and u will get the pics
/Hylaeus

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Photos/Tur ... Turf%20ads
Hi!
I couldn´t see them, but if you open the folder and click "share link" left of the "search-box" will you hopefully get a working link :)
Google Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.2 - Växjö - Advanced Turfer (39)
Unique Zones: 359 - Visited Regions 12 - Fastest Eager Weasel: 8.31
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fler än 50 dagar i rad med minst en session om dagen.
Hylaeus

Post by Hylaeus »

Hi
Sorry to bother you again but I can't find any way to share my pics in public with Dropbox.
Therefore I made an account in Dayviews and put the pics there.
Just search for Hylaeus in Dayviews or use http://dayviews.com/hylaeus to see my uploads of turfzone ads in Uppsala, Enköping and Knivsta.
Byggaren
Zonemaker

Post by Byggaren »

Kan inte se mer än 4 bilder. För att dela ut i dropbox så högerklicka på bilden och välj "share link" då får du upp en länk för den bilden, har inte prövat men antar att samma gäller för en hel mapp.
Sen om storleken på bilder ska det vara A4 minst i storlek på posters för att få expandator.... Vet inte om du har 25 st i a4, går inte att se.

(Det är inte jag som delar ut medaljer eller så...)
daredevil28

Post by daredevil28 »

Im going to put some posters arround the city in utrecht, excpect zone suggestions there! :D
Known ingame as daredevil8

Posted from the Netherlands.
flyingchicken

Post by flyingchicken »

I have requested a small advert to be placed in our local Essex monthly magazine - delivered to 80,000 homes (its free). I’m hoping this starts to pull in more publicity. If this does get published, there maybe more players popping up when it gets out :)
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

flyingchicken wrote: 04 Apr 2021 18:53 I have requested a small advert to be placed in our local Essex monthly magazine - delivered to 80,000 homes (its free). I’m hoping this starts to pull in more publicity. If this does get published, there maybe more players popping up when it gets out :)
Nice going!
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
Auld Badger

Post by Auld Badger »

The word of Turf is certainly getting into the public consciousness in Scotland. I was marshalling an orienteering race last night in Dunblane when a lady came up and asked if I was Turfing. I didn't have the phone out, and my marshal's bib covered my orienteering kit, so it wasn't as if I was being obvious about it.

A couple of minutes later, two boys came up and asked, straight out, if I was Fearglas! I had to confess that I wasn't as I'm (a) not female, (b) not Irish and (c) not very good.

I've had people ask what I'm doing when I'm putting out orienteering courses, and a few have heard of it, but this is the first time I've heard Turf being mentioned by the general public, and certainly the first time I've heard someone mention the name of a Turfer.

Return to “General”