iPhone app?

Soepkip

iPhone app?

Postby Soepkip » 14 Sep 2011, 23:10

I know this stuff is Android based, but I need an iOS client. All my friends think this game is pretty cool and want to play, but all have iPhones.

How hard would it be to create this for iOS?

StarDust
Zonemaker

Re: iPhone app?

Postby StarDust » 15 Sep 2011, 00:51

They chose the wrong platform unfortunately. Turfdev is not against creating an app for iOS but it apparently requires a much greater effort. There have been rumors of a pre-alpha version but I doubt that you will see any official beta release soon.
Compared to Market, it is much easier to try out new applications and this is one of the reasons to why there is no release on iOS. Another reason is that since Turf has genuine prizes, it's difficult to work on two different platforms at the same time, especially when it's a beta project and all of the work on this project is pro bono, or rather, expenses are paid out of the creators pockets.
Your friends are just going to have to buy a phone with a more superior platform. :P
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

Soepkip

Postby Soepkip » 15 Sep 2011, 07:12

To avoid the whole Android - iOS discussion (they are both good platforms) I just wanna talk the marketing side. iOS and Android together give you an alot bigger market place, especially in the Netherlands where the iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones around.

I really hope for a version soon since I wanna Turf too! (And i'm not about to buy an Android phone just to be able to play it ;))!

tomtebloss

Postby tomtebloss » 15 Sep 2011, 16:13

I know a few that have bought a cheap android based phone to play turf with. ZTE Blade is one phone that works great with turf.

Of course it's cheaper with an iphone app. But as stated by StarDust there isn't a version for iphone created at the moment. So we won't see one in the near future I'm afraid.

Drassen
Site Admin

Postby Drassen » 15 Sep 2011, 17:42

As stated above from the turf crew guys, an iphone client has been discussed in the Turf Development team forth and back. (as late as yesterday actually)
There have been some problems however (time mostly), but this does not mean that the idea has been cancelled.

The idea of reaching a new market is always very interesting...but im afraid you wont see an alpha version very soon.

Anyhow it is nice to see that you like the game. We grow by the minute:)
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--

Soepkip

Postby Soepkip » 21 Sep 2011, 11:08

Just wondering, how much would it cost to hire an iOS developer and let him build it? I would happily chip in just to make the game better :)

StarDust
Zonemaker

Postby StarDust » 22 Sep 2011, 09:06

How many thousands of € can you spare?
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

Soepkip

Postby Soepkip » 22 Sep 2011, 09:34

How many thousands of € can you spare?
You can make it a community effort. There are enough ways to get funds together via the crowd.

Return to “General”