Data transfer issues since Android update

Piwoslaw

Data transfer issues since Android update

Post by Piwoslaw »

After my phone updated to a new version of Android a few months ago (probably around Oct 2019, iirc), TURF has been constantly showing that there is an issue with data transfer.

Before the update, I would receive confirmation that I have revisited/taken a zone almost immediately, rarely after more than 3-5 seconds, so I could just walk or slowly ride through a zone, without stopping. Now the red "data loss" icon keeps flashing on the left, and I usually have to wait a long time before receiving acknowledgement that I took the zone. By 'long time' I mean 5 minutes and more. For example, today I spent almost 10 minutes(!) waiting for the takeover confirmation, during which I logged out and back in multiple times, restarted data transfer, even restarted the phone. The green takeover progress bar maxed out at least 6 times, but it would not finalize the takeover:(

So why am I writing here, and not to Android or Samsung tech support? Because it appears that TURF is the only app affected by this issue after the Android update. During the long minutes waiting to take a new zone I've checked that there are no internet problems with other apps, only TURF.

Has anyone else experienced this, or knows what might be the reason for this, and how to fix it?

I am using a Samsung J5 with Android 9, TURF vesion 2.1.2 (updated recently, previously ver. 2.0.5 showed same issue).
scorp

Re: Data transfer issues since Android update

Post by scorp »

I've had that for a long time, but it's more frequent now. Turf is the only app affected for me too.

Moto G5, Android 8.1.0, Turf v. 2.1.6
LeiLar

Post by LeiLar »

Same here. :(
Turf member since: 2013-01-26 00:37:51
MikeOkiro

Post by MikeOkiro »

I'm having the same issue for a long time now, if anyone knows how to fix this please give some suggestions. Thanks in advance :)
wan optimization
http://wanos.co/
Piwoslaw

Post by Piwoslaw »

Hi All,

I seem to have found a fix to this - turning off the 'Save Data Mode' in my phone. Possibly the new version of Android saves data "more aggressively", too aggressively for the Turf app.

I have not seen any options for selectively saving data, depending on the app, so I have to disable it manually before Turfing.

Return to “General”