Any plans for sound effects.

MickyFinn

Any plans for sound effects.

Post by MickyFinn »

Occasionally I arrive at a zone and there are members of the public there or near and I have to explain why I am acting wierd. I find this quite amusing.

I was wondering if there was any plans to add sound effects when a zone is taken. It could say something like "Turf Taken". This would could reassure the innocent member of the public that you are playing a game and spark interest which they may later google. No doubt they would then talk about this and inadvertently spread the word.
Dacop
Zonemaker

Re: Any plans for sound effects.

Post by Dacop »

There are sound effects! We have a pretty strange bug on Android devices that makes them not work unless you install - uninstall - reinstall! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed ;)
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn »

Ok thanx. I'm a bit worried about losing progress and stuff so I may wait until next month.
Dacop
Zonemaker

Post by Dacop »

No need to worry - just make sure you have an email associated with your account and you can get right back to it! All progress is saved on our servers.
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

Also, first step verify that you have not muted sound (globally) and look into the sound (notification) settings so they aren't disabled. You'll love Jossan when you get to hear her!
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

You can verify your account by logging in to turfgame.com (will show passcode in app) and then check settings (cogwheel in top right) that you have a valid email set.
MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn »

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and all settings on phone and app are on yet still no sound. I have a galaxy s8
MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn »

I heard the sound effects for the first time yesterday. I was in a zone and as the green bar was filling my phone alarm went off to tell me to wake up. Just as I declined the alarm the green bar filled and "Zone taken" was then heard. It got me very excited. It was however a one off and the sound effects were not heard again. There must be some kind of software conflict I assume. I hope this helps you save the problem.
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

It is on your side, likely one of the audio channels have zero volume. Regretfully all major phone
brands have their own ideas how the audio channels should work and ui for that. Your best bet is if someone with a galaxy responds, or if you ask in the facebook group where you have a much greater reach, some who are much more knowing in the area than me. https://www.facebook.com/groups/turfgame
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Post by Maqqan »

MickyFinn wrote:I heard the sound effects for the first time yesterday. I was in a zone and as the green bar was filling my phone alarm went off to tell me to wake up. Just as I declined the alarm the green bar filled and "Zone taken" was then heard. It got me very excited. It was however a one off and the sound effects were not heard again. There must be some kind of software conflict I assume. I hope this helps you save the problem.
What sort of phone do you use? My old Samsung S8 had a setting to silence all notifications from the application in front. If Turf was running in the bakgrund I got the notifications.

Tapatalking with OnePlus 6T

Return to “General”