Feature Request - directional zones

Gavi-g

Feature Request - directional zones

Post by Gavi-g »

Hello,

There should be an option when creating a zone, that only allows people to claim a zone if they run in a certain direction.

An example of this would be a zone placed on a hilly scenic road.
You claim the zone by running up the hill. You won’t claim it if you approach from the other direction running down hill.

Kind of like strava segments
embeoo
Zonemaker

Re: Feature Request - directional zones

Post by embeoo »

A unique suggestion, I must give you that. After 7-8 years, there are a few repeats otherwise :)

I see some issues here, what will the definition for going in a direction be? How far do I have to pass a zone and turn around, to make it? Then the servers or apps will need to track this all the time.

As the creator motto is "keep it simple" I think it will not happen, but who knows. It would be more of a third party thing. Which there are, that tracks that zones are taken in order for much longer segments. One of those things that spice it up a little when you've taken the zones 100s of times already. Check out https://frut.zundin.se/mission_list.php there are in alphabetical order and spiral path challenges as well as clear one block at a time and then get a random next one.In mostly swedish, but you'll get it.

Maybe there might be some in the UK.
MickyFinn

Re: Feature Request - directional zones

Post by MickyFinn »

Its definitely an idea that I wouldnt enjoy. I put in enough miles that I try to plan the route with me going down the big hills rather than up them. I'm sure the majority of people prefer a pain free fast decent to a slow painfull climb.

Return to “General”