Red icon top left

mattonabike

Red icon top left

Post by mattonabike »

Out taking some zones today in Aberdeen Scotland UK.
At some zones the yellow bar moves up and stops at the top but a red icon appears above the yellow and it's not taken.
Return an hour later and all.ok.
Strange.
Is it me?
LeiLar

Re: Red icon top left

Post by LeiLar »

Turf member since: 2013-01-26 00:37:51
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

In short, yellow means loss of connectivity to server. It becomes red after some time to signal that it is a steady problem, but the color isn't really significant.

Most often it will be that your carrier doesn't have coverage in the spot, Could also be that the servers are down or crunching the round restart calculations. Or that a wifi was found which doesn't let data through. Check other applications, walk around, phone and arm high etc.

A tip is that if you leave the app and gps on when green bar has been filled, but take not registered, it could go in once you are connected again, even though you since long left the zone. No guarantees but it has been reported to happen.
mattonabike

Post by mattonabike »

Thanks folks
ODMike

Post by ODMike »

I had this same problem today when visiting CallowPool (Redditch West midlands UK) I thought it was the GPS but memory map was working. I rode away and noticed the red icon had changes so went back to the zone and the bars almost got to the top when the red icon returned. I gave up and set off for the next zone to check if the app was working. Sure enough a couple of hundred mtrs away it reported CallowPool as "Zone Taken"
I will check this again but if there is no reception should I report the Zone as an issue?
Omp2000

Post by Omp2000 »

I’ve been unable to turf for a week I constantly get the red flashing icon but my 4g is fine as I can stream Netflix and every single other app I have works.

It happened for a day or two in the past in different locations so I assumed some temporary issue but now seem to be permanent.

I’m on up to date iPhone 11 if that helps with a solution.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

Rebooting phone is part of my process to get things working when having more serious issues.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
Omp2000

Post by Omp2000 »

Rebooted phone, deleted app and reinstalled etc etc and no luck
HappyF
Zonemaker

Post by HappyF »

Does it work when you are on wifi?
Omp2000