Make your own phone-holder for your bike

morgam
Donator

Re: Make your own phone-holder for your bike

Postby morgam » 04 Jul 2012, 13:54

Here are bike holders for a wide range of stuff, including turf phones. I got one for an Xperia ARC and it is excelent, exept is has no rain cover.

http://dx.com/c/sports-outdoors-1699/cy ... lder--1643

thomthom

Postby thomthom » 19 Jul 2012, 21:56

The ABS is solid - not as solid as injected moulded ABS, but still very rigid. Best pick of material for this kind of purpose which is available.

Tempted to try it myself, but, it's rather wet in this region - so I might want a solution that is waterproof and easily usable. Been sniffing around and this might fit my need: http://www.ibikeconsole.com/detail.asp? ... tid=539858

Not as cool as building your own though...
I've also been eying the BikeConsole. Is there anyone who already own one of those, please give us a review! And then their BikeCharge Dynamo...
I bought it. Been trying it out for a few days now. Works quite well. Really easy to mount - just use the included alan key to secure it to the bike. Phone lies snuggly inside the case, touch works through the plastic cover so you can operate it while it's mounted. Also the power button can be controlled.

So far there hasn't been any rain while I've used it.

Occasionally if you do not place it level in its bed the menu keys on the phone will trigger as you close the lid of the case. Not a big issue.

Riding with this case is so much nicer than keeping the phone in the pocket. Though I wish these "smart" phone had screens that worked better in daylight. I find it better to use it towards the evening when the screen is more visible - at least when I navigate to new zones I've never been to.

TBIT
Issue Manager

Postby TBIT » 21 Jul 2012, 20:22

I bought it. Been trying it out for a few days now. Works quite well. Really easy to mount - just use the included alan key to secure it to the bike. Phone lies snuggly inside the case, touch works through the plastic cover so you can operate it while it's mounted. Also the power button can be controlled.
Cool! Where did you order from?
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it

thomthom

Postby thomthom » 22 Jul 2012, 20:53

From the shop I linked to earlier.

I used it today while it rained - worked as a charm. Mobile is dry and safe. What's more is that it was pretty good for turfing, few people around in the streets and the screen was easy to see due to the clouds. Only issue is the wet surfaces and failing breaks. But, hey - got my Eager Beaver medal! :D

Zontjuven

Postby Zontjuven » 22 Jul 2012, 20:59

From the shop I linked to earlier.

I used it today while it rained - worked as a charm. Mobile is dry and safe. What's more is that it was pretty good for turfing, few people around in the streets and the screen was easy to see due to the clouds. Only issue is the wet surfaces and failing breaks. But, hey - got my Eager Beaver medal! :D
Great! Norways first Beaver?
Fd världsmästare i TURF

thomthom

Postby thomthom » 23 Jul 2012, 01:54

Is it?
I'm thinking it'll be hard to get Eager Veasel unless there appear more zones in the town centre. Safely crossing the streets and dodging pedestrians takes too much time.
I need a day much like my last trip, but with better weather. Still be tough though.

Return to “General”