How to preserve battery

cornrocket

Re: How to preserve battery

Post by cornrocket »

Most of us buy a batterypack but there are some tricks. Turning of the app or attleast the gps might save you some time there are also a "pro mode" mainly for conserving data transfer, might work as a battery extendor aswell :) gl hf
Byggaren
Zonemaker

Post by Byggaren »

scorp wrote:Hi! :)

I just registered the other day and took to Turf immediately. Great fun! :mrgreen:

The app is cool and seems to work well, but... it sucks my battery dry in no time at all. Today I went for groceries and claimed, I think, 8 zones on the way, a trip of about 8 km by bike, was out about an hour all in all. The battery was full when I left and I had to give up because it was on red before I was home again. No other apps running (that I could help). I did turn the screen off between zones. I did not force close Turf.

Any tips and tricks? Settings that can be changed, whatever.
Sounds as your battery sucks, try buy a new one, or better as cornrocked suggests, buy external battery, that gives you many extra hour (ex 10 ah battery from Kjell o Company)

Promode works too, but its more effective as you already did, keep screen of as mutch as possible between takes.

Keep screen Brightness at a minimum is also good.

Wont recomend turning of GPS, can pose a problem somtimes when it takes long time to regain position. You will end upp staring at the screen, waiting so long time that you wont save anything.

Also at least Android units have "battery save mode" that gives pretty mutch extra turf-time aswell.
Blabert
Zonemaker

Post by Blabert »

If you took 8 zones in an hour, turning of screen in between, you're battery is old OR you have some other app or function draining your battery. Turf is heavy on the battery, but not that heavy, with that kind of usage you should get about 3-4 of turfing hours at least, depends on which phone you use. It would help if you told us what phone you're using :-)

Tapatalked from my Xperia Z
Blabert
Zonemaker

Re: Sv: How to preserve battery

Post by Blabert »

scorp wrote:HTC Sensation, a little more than a year old.

I have 3 batteries and they are all good. I can run other apps for as long time as when the phone and batteries were new. Today I turned Turf on for a short while, maybe 5 minutes, tops. I was out biking and wanted to suggest a zone. I had it on just for the time it took me to figure out how to do that. The battery status went from 98% to 70%.
I suggest that you uninstall/reinstall Turf then, something is obviously wrong. If that doesn't work it's surely some other app or process interfering, I've never heard of that kind of battery drainage before, especially not because of Turf.

Check eBay or amazon for good and cheap battery packs by the way :-)

Byggaren
Zonemaker

Post by Byggaren »

scorp wrote:BTW since many of you carry battery packs, can you suggest a good one? I've meant to look into that anyway. Large capacity is good. So is good quality but alas price is also a factor.
There are many diffrent models with diffrent capacity etc. I bought mine at Kjell o company. (The biggest one for 800 sek) Claes Olsson, and Tekniknmagasinet sells aswell. Or chek diffrent internet shops.
Byggaren
Zonemaker

Post by Byggaren »

scorp wrote:Byggarn, I know where to get them. I don't know which are good. It seems to be common they state larger capacity than you really get for instance. Then there are the shit cheap places like dx.com. They have good stuff and they have bad stuff. BTW I hate you. I think you took my zones. :lol:

OK, I'll try reinstalling. I won't lose anything, I assume? Other apps interfering isn't likely. If they do they must A) autostart and I kill those off regularly anyway and B) interfere only with Turf. :cry:
Yes i took one zone from you so far ;-)

The one i bought isnt cheap but you get somthing like 15-20 h of turfing with screen on etc. Dont know mutch about other models.
Blabert
Zonemaker

Re: Sv: How to preserve battery

Post by Blabert »

scorp wrote:Byggarn, I know where to get them. I don't know which are good. It seems to be common they state larger capacity than you really get for instance. Then there are the shit cheap places like dx.com. They have good stuff and they have bad stuff. BTW I hate you. I think you took my zones. :lol:

OK, I'll try reinstalling. I won't lose anything, I assume? Other apps interfering isn't likely. If they do they must A) autostart and I kill those off regularly anyway and B) interfere only with Turf. :cry:

I got myself one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BQ5K ... X110_SY165

I haven't really checked if the capacity is what they say it is, but it had absolutely no problem charging 2 phones at the same time, an it did it as fast or faster as a regular charger. Anker is a well known brand aswell.

You won't loose anything when reinstalling, just the settings. And I say again, it's much more likely that you have some other kind of trouble. I have used Turf on 6 different phones, without anything near that kind of batterydrain...

mortuus
Donator

Post by mortuus »

Best is to close the app when u have far to next zones easy fix.
Mobil: Samsung Galaxy S5 White Ort: Malmö
Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImage

Return to “General”