Win conditions for round competitions

This is only for suggestions, NOT bugs.
Please report bugs in the issue-system.
Tyger

Re: Win conditions for round competitions

Post by Tyger »

Lillkvadden wrote:It is not fair to compete for the most number of takes.

There is a big difference in conditions between cities, in terms of zone density and how hilly it is.
For example: I turf most of Valdemarsvik, and when a new round starts, it takes me about 2 hours to take all the 38 zones. And there i know the fastest ways between all the zones.
A while ago I stopped in Kalmar. There, i took 75 zones at the same time, in a city i never turfed in before.

So, compete for most takes is not fair!
It might not be completely fair, but it would be more fair than the current system. I doubt those competing in Valdemarsvik can win a round as it is today either. If you tried, the takeoverpoints for all of your zones would diminish to 65 and you would have to sit on your bikes night and day in order to have the slighted chance of winning.
Tyger

Post by Tyger »

Marrrs wrote:Just add a TO gold medal for the player with most takes per round. Done. Move along folks, nothing here to see now. 8-)
It's a possible course of action. But why would we want to keep a flawed system?
hazzard

Post by hazzard »

understand that nothing will ever be made to this no matter how much we write and complain its not gonna change sadly.. if anyone wants to compete fair then its better go to a bonanza there everyone plays on same conditions more or less... impossible balance a game where everyone plays in different cities... it can perhaps be made but it would change up the whole game as everyone are used how this game works by now and whats needed to win a monthly round.

And ofcourse nobody will ever take gold in a city with just 10,000 people living and few zones only :lol:
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

Removing pph removes tactics and leaves Turf meaningless. You might as well compete in a regular bike race.

I welcome any attempts at balancing though.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
Tyger

Post by Tyger »

DIProgan wrote:Removing pph removes tactics and leaves Turf meaningless. You might as well compete in a regular bike race.

I welcome any attempts at balancing though.
I do no suggest the removal of pph from the game, since it's an important part. My suggestion is not to count pph when comparing turfers at different locations.
hazzard

Post by hazzard »

would be fun no pph at all and only various high take points or something..
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

And now it is 2021 and UK and Finland killed all competition with their amount of zones so nothing new. Money in and new players weighs most...

Get 600-1100 yellow zones and keep them since noone else takes them = awarded

Return to “Suggestion Box”