Option to hold taketime when assisting other turfers

This is only for suggestions, NOT bugs.
Please report bugs in the issue-system.
Tyger

Option to hold taketime when assisting other turfers

Post by Tyger »

For various reasons users may want to assist a take, instead of taking a zone themselves. This can be fiddly an tricky, especially when the turfer who wants to assist has a higher rank than the other turfer(s).

My suggestion is to implement an option to hold your taketime whenever another turfer is in the same zone. Preferrably, the option should be easy to switch on and off, with an on/off icon, easily within reach in the UI.
HappyF
Zonemaker

Re: Option to hold taketime when assisting other turfers

Post by HappyF »

Tyger wrote: 03 Nov 2019 05:38 For various reasons users may want to assist a take, instead of taking a zone themselves. This can be fiddly an tricky, especially when the turfer who wants to assist has a higher rank than the other turfer(s).

My suggestion is to implement an option to hold your taketime whenever another turfer is in the same zone. Preferrably, the option should be easy to switch on and off, with an on/off icon, easily within reach in the UI.
There already is an easy way of doing that, and it is that you disable the gps shortly, with the icon in the lower left corner. After you have enabled the gps again, your counter starts from the beginning again, leaving the take to the other turfer.
stoffisimo

Post by stoffisimo »

But then usually the GPS starts to jump around, and there is a risk that you won't even get the assist.

This would be a great VIP feature!
Tyger

Post by Tyger »

HappyF wrote: 04 Nov 2019 10:20
Tyger wrote: 03 Nov 2019 05:38 For various reasons users may want to assist a take, instead of taking a zone themselves. This can be fiddly an tricky, especially when the turfer who wants to assist has a higher rank than the other turfer(s).

There already is an easy way of doing that, and it is that you disable the gps shortly, with the icon in the lower left corner. After you have enabled the gps again, your counter starts from the beginning again, leaving the take to the other turfer.
What you describe is exactly the kind of procedure that is unecessarily cumbersome, which a small feature could fix. Aside from the problem stoffisimo is mentioning, there are others: One restart of the GPS might nog be enough. When turfing in the colder parts of the world you need to pocketturf, especially when you are recharging the battery. Every time you are going to stop the gps and turn it on, you need to open your pocket, take the mobile out of the pocket, take the mobile out of whatever mobile heater you are using, and if you have the crown, you have already taken the zone by this time.
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Post by Maqqan »

The turfer with higher rank can always stay outside the zone for a few seconds while the player with lower rank begin to take it.
stoffisimo

Post by stoffisimo »

Only if you have a perfect GPS. :)

Reports about bad GPS behaviour often generate lots of comments in the facebook group (that is more active than the forum). It is apparent that GPS issues is a common problem for a lot of the turf users.(*)

When your GPS starts acting up, it can be both almost impossible to go into a zone without climbing fences/moving into the traffic lanes as getting out of a zone, because your avatar freezes inside the zone.

Having a shortcut to freeze the taketime would be a bigger QOL than, for instance, finding Turfo or having a sponsored railroad medal for me.

Two examples:
Last month me and my two sons went hunting unique zones in Hamburg. There was one zone I couldn't enter within the take time due to GPS problems. If we could've frozen their count downs, I won't need to go back to that particular zone next time I visit. :)

In several other cases I was trying to "give" them a couple of zones so they didn't lose interest. Now, I am a much higher level then both my kids, and I was also wearing a crown at that time. It was a real pain trying to get all the stars aligned for that to happen.

* I think it is a problem for Turfers because we rely on it so heavily for exact positioning in a pretty small area, while other people don't notice this since it's just a few meters away, and so on.

Return to “Suggestion Box”