"Extreme" zones suggestion, Low pph - high tp

This is only for suggestions, NOT bugs.
Please report bugs in the issue-system.
Zontjuven

"Extreme" zones suggestion, Low pph - high tp

Postby Zontjuven » 14 Jun 2012, 19:46

Turf is a fantastic game/app! But there is one feature that at least I'm missing!

In everyday turfing we walk/bike/car turf zones in our neighborhood or city. When we come to new cities we turf the zones there. We often take a bunch of zones, some take only a few, some takes alot!

So far so good.

What I'm missing is more zones in the outback or at least along some nice trails and spots.

These zones will not be taken often probably, not on everyday basis. But maybe once a week or a couple of times a month.

In the game we have a takepoint (tp) and a point per hour (pph).
My suggestion is that these zones will generate higher tp and lower pph, this mostly for those times turfers takes a zone in the beginning of a round a keeps it all the time and generate many points from pph.
Therefor a higher tp is better, maybe 2-300 takepoints per zone.
1 take is equal to 300 hrs of pph if the zone is +1.

Or maybe the zone should be +0 with only tp??

These zone should remain at low pph, and therefor be outside of fairy.

After you have taken the zones in a round, it would be worth the effort with the higher retake point also...

I would like a nice discussion around this, and let me make a brief summary and example from what my suggestion is all about.

Close to your city there is a hikingtrail. The trail has no zones nearby. But as a healthy person you are, you would like to take a hike AND turf at the same time.

The trail is some 20 km and it has some 10 "extreme" zones. Far from roads, or at least a bit remote. If you choose to take all 10 zones this will generate up to 3000 takepoints and 0-10 pph depending if it's a +1 or +0 zone.

If no one else take this hike/trail for the whole round (30 days) this would have given you
3000 tp and 0 to 7200 pph if the zones are +1 in all 10200 points.

Even if you keep all the zones for a whole round, it's not going to effect the totalscore that much.

This kind of turfing is in some way beyond competition. You don't take these zones to win a round, you tae them beacuse you want a nice hike and turf at the same time...

I know that dev.crew is a bit hard to convince about this, so we need a good discussion!! :D

Tell me what You think!
Fd världsmästare i TURF

Dacop
Zonemaker

Re: "Extreme" zones suggestion, Low pph - high tp

Postby Dacop » 14 Jun 2012, 21:16

I'd really like to see zones like this as well, I believe that certain difficult zones that are taken rarely should be worth high takepoints and no to few points per hour. The water zones should be worth something like 300-500 TP and other, even more difficult zones maybe even double that.

The only problem is how to decide which zones are to be given "extreme" status as there is rarely Streetview in the forests and zone admins could probably be mislead by zone suggestions and forum posts made by people wanting high TP zones in places that aren't very difficult to reach at all.
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2122
Rank 55: Holy Turfer

Blabert
Zonemaker

Postby Blabert » 14 Jun 2012, 22:49

I like the idea and cant think of a reason not to implement it. It would add another dimension and put some emphasis on the training/hiking part of the game which I think could be nice. About points, I dont think it needs to be like 500/zone, an ordinary 185/1 is good enough for me :-)

Dacop
Zonemaker

Postby Dacop » 15 Jun 2012, 06:10

I think when you've climbed up stairs so long, steep and downright dangerous that you get the taste of blood in your mouth and your legs are hurting for a week afterwards you deserve a few takepoints more than stumbling over a zone that's just a bit offside and forgotten...

Oh, and if you're wondering, I'm talking about Tölözone.
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2122
Rank 55: Holy Turfer

Blabert
Zonemaker

Sv: "Extreme" zones suggestion, Low pph - high tp

Postby Blabert » 15 Jun 2012, 08:39

I think when you've climbed up stairs so long, steep and downright dangerous that you get the taste of blood in your mouth and your legs are hurting for a week afterwards you deserve a few takepoints more than stumbling over a zone that's just a bit offside and forgotten...

For remote zones not on a trail, I think higher points could be ok. Not if you have 10z in a nice route though. Is Tölözone that bad? Think I made it, yay ;-)

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Zontjuven

Re: Sv:

Postby Zontjuven » 15 Jun 2012, 09:53

For remote zones not on a trail, I think higher points could be ok. Not if you have 10z in a nice route though. Is Tölözone that bad? Think I made it, yay ;-)

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

I agree on that Blabert!
Remote zones higher tp maybe 300/0, for those included in a "trail" or several closer to eachother lower tp, maybe 185/1.
Fd världsmästare i TURF

Drassen
Site Admin

Postby Drassen » 15 Jun 2012, 10:15

Hmm but then again...if you take a zone on kebenekaise, shouldnt you be awarded +1/hour? seeing it ticking in without anyone else being able to do anything about it?

The problem will be if we start "filling up" with +1 zones around every city. Think about denmark and the problem with low activity with one really active person.

I like the idea of having zones in semi-remote areas, but we need a really good concept to avoid inflation etc.
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--

Zontjuven

Postby Zontjuven » 15 Jun 2012, 15:24

Hmm but then again...if you take a zone on kebenekaise, shouldnt you be awarded +1/hour? seeing it ticking in without anyone else being able to do anything about it?

The problem will be if we start "filling up" with +1 zones around every city. Think about denmark and the problem with low activity with one really active person.

I like the idea of having zones in semi-remote areas, but we need a really good concept to avoid inflation etc.
''

I would say that to take kebnekaise for +1 or 24pph/day, 720pph/round is not worth the time or effort. Even if you have a higher tp maybe 200-500 for these zones you have some 1200p for one zone in a round.
But.... I don't think these zones is for winning turf or making a bunch of points, therefor the low +1 pph or maybe +0. These zones are for the greatness of turfing and hiking at the same time. :-)

If we are worried about turfers collecting a lot of +1 extremezones, well then I think they deserve the 720 generated points per zone/round.
Compared to taking a bunch of zones in a dead city and collecting +4 and +5 zones I think it's a whole different story, and this is much of a bigger "problem"...

720 points is the same as tp for 4-6 zones in a city. I do not think that +1 zones ever will influence the outcome of who's the winner in a round...

The turfer who takes Kebnekaise or Galhöpiggen is a winner in another way.. :-)
Fd världsmästare i TURF

Goose72

Postby Goose72 » 20 Jun 2012, 09:59

If we are worried about turfers collecting a lot of +1 extremezones, well then I think they deserve the 720 generated points per zone/round.
Compared to taking a bunch of zones in a dead city and collecting +4 and +5 zones I think it's a whole different story, and this is much of a bigger "problem"...

720 points is the same as tp for 4-6 zones in a city. I do not think that +1 zones ever will influence the outcome of who's the winner in a round...

The turfer who takes Kebnekaise or Galhöpiggen is a winner in another way.. :-)
Agree with ZT in the above, and that these extreme zones should not be something you normally won't take on a every day basis (when it comes to retakes) unless you are abnomral yourself ;)

And why wasn't turf and smartphones invented when I was on top of Scandinavia (Galdhøpiggen) :(

Thunell

Postby Thunell » 20 Jun 2012, 15:56

NO to lots of zones with high tp(more than todays maximum of 185) on a line...

YES to some remote zones with todays maximum of 185tp and +1pph, possibly around 250tp and +0pph but I don't think that's funny at all...
Last edited by Thunell on 20 Jun 2012, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Suggestion Box”