"Extreme" zones suggestion, Low pph - high tp

This is only for suggestions, NOT bugs.
Please report bugs in the issue-system.
mortuus
Donator

Re: "Extreme" zones suggestion, Low pph - high tp

Post by mortuus »

Really good idea i dont see why this should not be in game, a nice challenge for thoose that want and since low pph most will probably not take it anyways.
Mobil: Samsung Galaxy S5 White Ort: Malmö
Image Image ImageImage Image ImageImage
Wallen
Zonemaker

Post by Wallen »

I really like the idea of extreme zones and has no problems with placing such zones. But we maybe should have some guidelines for zonemaking so we get not to many of these extreme zones in one region and to many in another.

About the discussion of 0 pph vs 1 pph I think all zones (both extreme and regular ones) should have the possibility to get 0 pph within fairy. If a extreme zone gets very popular by some reason it maybe aint a very extreme zone and some inactive cities with zones I think should have 0 pph as well. Points for a 0 zone could be approx 300 points if taken now and then but not as often as for a +1 pph zone and then we get one more level, also included in fairy, with 0 pph that get approx 600 points for zones that is taken extemely rarly.

For me turf shall have all kinds of zones so as many as possible can find their own way of compete. Some will only take their regular 50z and go for points, some like to take extreme zones and make movies, some just take a zone when passing by, some go by car and spend alot of fuel and time for their zones ect ect. More zones to the people

Edit: After some thinking it's enough with 0 pph 300 To. But I still want all zones to be included into fairy...
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

But the fairy is too slow to handle changes in activity. It's result is based on data from two months back and a lot can change under that time. An inactive city can change to a really active one.
Wallen
Zonemaker

Post by Wallen »

beowulf wrote:But the fairy is too slow to handle changes in activity. It's result is based on data from two months back and a lot can change under that time. An inactive city can change to a really active one.
Then the users in that city will get a bit more points if they are active and takes zones but not get as much pph and that is not a big problem in my mind since they will probably not have many zones either if they have been inactive before.
StarDust
Zonemaker

Post by StarDust »

I had a talk with Zontjuven in the gchat who persuaded me to write my thoughts about what an extreme zone could be.
Apart from the previous suggestions I think that there could be a different type of zone which concentrates more as a tourist attraction, a unique zone more than a zone for points.
These zones are zones which are far away from cities, they can be a road diner at a location with a great view such as http://turfgame.com/map/NoranDocks or a hilltop overlooking a coastline such as http://turfgame.com/map/HölickZone/. (URL is not nice to ö I think).
A future zone following this example could be Dellensjöarna, there is a restaurant on a mountaintop overlooking these lakes which are actually several million year-old craters. Now that is a view to be reckoned with!
These zones could have some sort of symbol when clicking on them in the app, like a sun or binoculars or something, telling turfers that this zone is visually attractive in some way.
Well, thats my two cents.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
Zontjuven

Post by Zontjuven »

StarDust wrote:
These zones could have some sort of symbol when clicking on them in the app, like a sun or binoculars or something, telling turfers that this zone is visually attractive in some way.
Well, thats my two cents.
I like this too!
Fd världsmästare i TURF
TBIT
Issue Manager

Post by TBIT »

I think that the way to counter players earning PPH from owning lots of unpopular or "outback" zones is to increase the takeover point for the popular zones. I believe this is quite contrary to how Fairy works today.

Let's compare two players during a four week round, 4*7=28 days.

Player A takes and keeps a hundred "outback" zones with 1 PPH, earning at most 28*24*100=67200 points from PPH alone.

Player B takes on average ten popular zones every day, and never get to keep them until the next day. If this way of playing should be rewarded, the takeover points for these zones must be at least 67200/(28*10)=240 points to counter the PPH from Player A.

The above scheme actually also means that for every additional zone that Player B takes every day, player A must take and keep 10 more zones to earn that many points from PPH.

Eventually the sum of the Player A's takeover points for the "outback" zones could then match Player B's PPH for the popular zones.

This way, taking zones is almost always more beneficial than owning zones, and we want people taking zones, right?

PS. I think that zero PPH is a bad idea, because that takes away one of the incentives for taking those zones. Similarly, I also think that low takeover point is also a bad idea.
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it
Zontjuven

Post by Zontjuven »

Bumping this thread again and asks if anyone thinks that the take in this video is worth the effort of 185 tp and +1 pph?

For me it's worth it ONE time, just for the fun of taking it and for the video and the unique zone.
I will not take the zone again for those reasons... will I take it for the points? Probably not...
Would I do it for higher points.... well depending of points I should surely think about it.

http://zontjuven.wordpress.com/2012/09/ ... iasko-1-1/
Fd världsmästare i TURF
SunYour
Zone General

Post by SunYour »

In this case, both a higher tp AND pph would be OK
Mobile: Samsung S7| Location: Västerås / Stockholm
Zybeer

Post by Zybeer »

I really want to see something like this as well. Maybe certain achievements/medels associated with the extreme zones as well? Gotta catch 'em all! ;)

Return to “Suggestion Box”