Pro-Mode

This is only for suggestions, NOT bugs.
Please report bugs in the issue-system.
hazzard

Re: Pro-Mode

Post by hazzard »

Svedge wrote:That's doesn't mean they are right. Any good dev should listen to their users. If Google broke Pro-Mode, then find a solution instead of not trying, style normal Maps entirely black and problem solved. Normal non-satellite Maps uses a fraction of the data anyways.
Different map views has been suggested over the years but sadly zero lack of interest from the devs to change or add more then one, it seems they only want satellite view.

For example this type of map i would like to have that Eniro is using, and the colors fit the yellow turf theme also,

Marrrs

Post by Marrrs »

I think it would be very confusing since a lot of buildings are marked as red squares...
8-)
LeiLar

Post by LeiLar »

Den här kartan från OsmAnd skulle kanske duga:
Turf member since: 2013-01-26 00:37:51
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

Svedge wrote:Samsung Note 4 stock ROM. Turf uses at least 100 MB for a 10-15 zone session
This is however not normal. I haven't seen any reports close to that number before meaning it should be a rare problem. You are viewing the map at home before you go out so that the wi-fi (tries to) cache it?
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
hazzard

Post by hazzard »

Try empty the cache for the turf app, then go and zoom in and out on the areas where u move so the maps gets cached and downloaded, if that doesnt help and u still have high data usage then its something wrong with your phone perhaps?
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Re: RE: Re: Pro-Mode

Post by Maqqan »

hazzard wrote:Try empty the cache for the turf app, then go and zoom in and out on the areas where u move so the maps gets cached and downloaded, if that doesnt help and u still have high data usage then its something wrong with your phone perhaps?
And make sure you're on WiFi when doing this, I was not when I did it and turf took 4 or 5 GB :)

Tapatalking with Samsung S7
DIProgan

Re: RE: Re: Pro-Mode

Post by DIProgan »

Maqqan wrote:
hazzard wrote:Try empty the cache for the turf app, then go and zoom in and out on the areas where u move so the maps gets cached and downloaded, if that doesnt help and u still have high data usage then its something wrong with your phone perhaps?
And make sure you're on WiFi when doing this, I was not when I did it and turf took 4 or 5 GB :)
Ouch!
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Pro-Mode

Post by Maqqan »

DIProgan wrote:
Maqqan wrote:
Ouch!
Luckily I have Telia with "surfpott" so I had about 50GB at the time.

Tapatalking with Samsung S7

Return to “Suggestion Box”