Turfbridge.com

DIProgan

Turfbridge.com

Post by DIProgan »

My new third-party site https://turfbridge.com goes online now.

The focus of the site is bridges and to collect bridge-uniques. You acquire these by performing the equivalent of the already established bridge medals: "Take 3 bridges in under 30/20/10 minutes" For each new set of bridges you perform a medal with, those 3 zones get added to your bridge-unique collection in one of the 3 speed classes. You can upgrade them later in whatever maner you like.

Beside collecting bridge-uniques you can also compete for fastest time on any specific route of 3 bridges. A high score list is kept for all of them. Being the number one for as many routes as possible is the requirement for medal #4 "Bridge Boss". Once some record times are set you can check them out for your area at the map page.

Medal number five is Bridge Crowdy. This medal ranks up the more players you succesfully perform a 20 minute medal with. Will it be the turfers in your city that shows how to cooperate? The areas with the biggest groups will be listed on the front page. I suggest waiting until your area is corona-free before performing the big ones.

Welcome!
Attachments
Unique Lover.png
Unique Lover.png (44.39 KiB) Viewed 5367 times
Bridge Assist.png
Bridge Assist.png (23.55 KiB) Viewed 5367 times
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
DIProgan

Re: Turfbridge.com

Post by DIProgan »

Update:
- Log system that as of today shows the last five 3xbridge takeovers you've done, their time and marked with "#1" if it was the fastest time for that route.
captHaddock

Post by captHaddock »

Great initiative and a really nice site! Both fun turf-stats and also a very well-designed site. I know I can get number of all bridges I have taken historically on other sites but because this sites focus is all on bridges I would also on this page love to able to see all my bridge zones I have taken through out my turfing history.

PS: On the starting page is it Capilano Suspension Bridge? I have been there but it was before I started turfing!
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

captHaddock wrote: 28 Apr 2021 23:16 Great initiative and a really nice site! Both fun turf-stats and also a very well-designed site. I know I can get number of all bridges I have taken historically on other sites but because this sites focus is all on bridges I would also on this page love to able to see all my bridge zones I have taken through out my turfing history.

PS: On the starting page is it Capilano Suspension Bridge? I have been there but it was before I started turfing!
Thanks! I see how it could make sense to show visited bridges in for example a grey or white color on the map but historical data is not available to me beyond the point when I started collecting my own this year. Since other sites have it, hopefully it's ok anyway :)

The bridge is the Lynn Canyon suspension bridge a mere 7km from the Capilano bridge so you where not far off! When you mentioned this I actually went ahead and made zone suggestions for both the bridges. Obvious zone material!
captHaddock

Post by captHaddock »

Yes, of course it's okay ;) .

I think you have a great page and I understand that the history is very difficult and a lot of work to get. That would be if you do like TurfLundkvist and let players send there warded data to get the history. But I understand that that must be a huge work!
MtkaHek

Post by MtkaHek »

First - I like the concept and your site! Thank you for building it!

Some questions:
1) Is there a way to get a list of all 3xBridge combinations in a Region?
1a) If yes to 1 above, is there a way to include, for a particular Turfer, the fastest time for each combination (or "Null" if no time exists, or "N/A" if the combination distance is greater than 20km)?
1b) Could there be a crosstab / pivottable view showing 3x combinations of a Region on the vertical, Turfers in that Region on the horizontal, and their fastest time at the intersection?
1c) Is there an API for TurfBridge (not that I would necessarily know how to use it, but...)?

2) How is the 20 km max distance calculated? Point-to-point, or through a routing calculation?

3) What do the different colors on the map view for a specific Turfer represent?

Thank you!
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

MtkaHek wrote: 08 Jun 2021 04:35 First - I like the concept and your site! Thank you for building it!

Some questions:
1) Is there a way to get a list of all 3xBridge combinations in a Region?
1a) If yes to 1 above, is there a way to include, for a particular Turfer, the fastest time for each combination (or "Null" if no time exists, or "N/A" if the combination distance is greater than 20km)?
1b) Could there be a crosstab / pivottable view showing 3x combinations of a Region on the vertical, Turfers in that Region on the horizontal, and their fastest time at the intersection?
1c) Is there an API for TurfBridge (not that I would necessarily know how to use it, but...)?

2) How is the 20 km max distance calculated? Point-to-point, or through a routing calculation?

3) What do the different colors on the map view for a specific Turfer represent?

Thank you!
1a&b: When you start looking at the number of combinations possible, it quickly go nuts. Even if you only have 3 bridges around there are 6 different possible records to just those 3. So when you get up to, for example, 7 bridges there are 210 combinations and at 12 bridges there's 1320 combinations. For a whole region we're looking at insane amounts. Big and mostly empty lists like that wouldn't make much sense. Same for crosstabs.

1c: No, there's not really that much data to begin with but I'm always interested in implementation feedback!

2: Direct/bird fly distance

3: The three colors represents at what speed you've completed that specific bridge using your fastest route, whichever it might be. Orange for Crosser(30m), Red for Lover(20m) and Purple for Fanatic(10m). If you encounter any errors to this, please let me know.

Thank you for the feedback, it's always needed!
MtkaHek

Post by MtkaHek »

Related to my question 1a) above, maybe the Log view could be expandable to list all 3x combinations for that particular Turfer?
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

MtkaHek wrote: 08 Jun 2021 15:38 Related to my question 1a) above, maybe the Log view could be expandable to list all 3x combinations for that particular Turfer?
Can I read this like you find it annoying to browse the map for the details to specific routes or are you simply interested in seeing all of your personal bests unrelated to what records might exist by others?

For now I don't even have that data around. If you don't place in the route top list your personal best is thrown away after it has disappeared from the log. The only data kept in those cases is what unique category (Crosser/Lover/Fanatic) you've achieved for those bridges.
MtkaHek

Post by MtkaHek »

I suppose that is fair to say although I certainly didn't mean to sound / be ungrateful. Mostly I'm trying to plan routes based on getting new 3x combinations with a little bit of seeing who else has done the same 3x combinations. Since most of what I'm aiming for this round will be Revisits I feel like I don't have as much flexibility in routes as if I were in a more active area, hence the desire for a more tabular layout...

Return to “Third-party”