There is way to many zones in a few cities

jbn2304

There is way to many zones in a few cities

Post by jbn2304 »

The fact is there is way to many zones in a few cities in Denmark, and its ruined the game.
when a new player joins the game in Odense, Århus or CPH they can quik and easly get 3-4000 point every day, just by taking the zones, and go for the top, but when they join the game in cities with about 20 zones or less, they can only make about 400-500 point within 24 hours by holding the zones, and there is no fair competition in going at the top , and they will soon losse the interest in taking zones or even in the game, the only goal is to take a medal. there is no point in taking the zones regualry you have nothing to use them for, because the only realistic goal is a medal.
you can say this is caused by the lack of turfers in the other cities but i know several guys who would not join the game or quikly loose interest in the game because of the way it is right now.
my suggestion is that there should be no city with more than about 20 - 25 zones in Denmark, then you have equal and fair chance to compete in everyaspect of the game, no mater where you live.
Blabert
Zonemaker

Re: Sv: There is way to many zones in a few cities

Post by Blabert »

Welcome to Turf!

The amount of zones is mostly based on the amount of turfers in a town/city and the population of the town/city. Also the amount of takeovers is something we look at very closely when creating more zones.

If you have 20z in a town and 4 turfers, you can easily take those zones many times a day and since the amount of points for taking a zone is much higher than just holding it, you will be able to compete with turfers in bigger cities.

TLDR: find more people/friends who will turf in your city and you will get both more points and more zones :-)

Skickat från min C6603 via Tapatalk 2
jbn2304

Re: There is way to many zones in a few cities

Post by jbn2304 »

You are absolutly right, but it seems not to work here.
my friends won't stay in the game or stop turfing regulary.
as mentioned above, it will take a very big effort maybe you have to take the round in my city 2-3 times a day, and in the mentioned cities you can do it by one.
but its your game and choise.
this is just my point of view.
TBIT
Issue Manager

Post by TBIT »

There are many more ways to compete in Turf than getting the most points every round!

I have since long made peace with the fact that I will not be able to make it to the top of the charts when counting points. The amount of zones is one factor. Work and family are others.

However, I find great enjoyment in loading the bike on the car, go to another city and go by bike to take as many unique zones as possible. My current goals is to take 100% of the zones in my local region (missing 1 zone now) and 90% in two of the neighbouring regions (having about 50% in each now).

What I try to say is that you have to find how to turf your way, and your friends have to find their way.

PS. Turf is not fair and will never be.
Besök gärna min blogg: turf.blekinge.it
wanwa

Post by wanwa »

Last edited by wanwa on 16 Mar 2014 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
jbn2304

Post by jbn2304 »

im just pointing out some problems, and with a litle ajustment, it could be more fun and keep turfers in the game, specially in Denmark

the facts at the moment is that a new turfer in Odense Århus or CPH stays in the game and turf regulary, but turfers in other cities stay active for a couple of rounds and then leave the game.

im a geocacher too, and in that game you have the opportunities to explore and dicovering new sights and great places

in turf I find some of the same things, and then the competition, it could be a fantastic combination.

but when you only can go for the sights and maybe a medal now and then,then i consider to go back at my geaocaching, and it would be a shame because i can se the potential in turfgame.
Nissi

Post by Nissi »

When I started to turf about a year ago, my goal was getting so many medals as fast as possible.
And when you start thinking, there are actually many ways how to earn your medals, and some very challenging.

To explore a new town/city is always fun I think. I brought my bike by train or had it with the car.
You could compete with your friends eg:
Who can capture fifty zones first? Who can get the best time in the beaver medal?

I've tried Geocaching too and I think Turf is much better and I've more fun with it.
I really love the medals in Turf.

I'm a turfer in Odense but It is almost impossible for me to finish in top10 because of the Swedish turfers since there is much more competition in Sweden. But I find it fun just to compete with the Danish turfers and the turfers in Odense.

What I'm trying to say is that you have to find your own way to compete and challenge yourself.

/Nissi
Drassen
Site Admin

Post by Drassen »

Id like to nuance the discussion with a simple question:
Is there a difference in how well the normal turf-system works in different countries? Or is it just the amount of players that differs?
--No Private Messages please, use contact@turfgame.com instead.--
Blabert
Zonemaker

Re: Sv: There is way to many zones in a few cities

Post by Blabert »

Drassen wrote:Id like to nuance the discussion with a simple question:
Is there a difference in how well the normal turf-system works in different countries? Or is it just the amount of players that differs?
I'd say, the amount of players and zones aswell. Denmark in general is at least 2 years behind Sweden in development. We had the exact same problem in Sweden as described here, too many zones in a few cities and too few zones in many smaller cities/towns.

The main problem and risk with increasing the amount of zones in smaller towns is the fact that so many turfers dislike the car turfer taking a 300 zone tour of the country side and then sits back to let the points tick in..

Quick fix: let zones with 185/1 and 170/2 degrade to 0 pph after say 24 hours. If that happens, I would have no problem creating a lot more zones in less densely populated areas.

Skickat från min C6603 via Tapatalk 2
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

Or let all zones pph degrade by 1 for every 24h you own them, down to 0.
I know quite a few zones that would only be take by extreme unique hunters then.

Could be counteracted in fairy if tp was allowed to go higher than today for those eternal neutrals if and only if one of it's four nearest (<10km) neighbors is not neutral. (ie outliers in active turf areas get a boost, entire badlands of neutrals do not)

Return to “Zones”