Hovedstaden (Report bad zones here)

Blabert
Zonemaker

Hovedstaden (Report bad zones here)

Postby Blabert » 23 Feb 2012, 15:40

Report bad zones in the Hovedstaden region here.

What is a bad zone?

A bad zone is a zone that is placed in a fenced or otherwise enclosed area. Also private gardens and such are places where there should be no zones. A bad zone could also be a zone that is hard to take due to GPS problems, for example next to high buildings. Furthermore, zones that can't be taken without obvious danger to the player are also bad zones. An example of a dangerous zone is when it is placed in a roundabout where there is no natural way to get to the zone.

Zones that are placed in distant areas, forests without walking paths, on top of hills or otherwise places just hard to get to are NOT bad zones but a part of the game.

Zer0th
Donator

Hovedstaden zones

Postby Zer0th » 04 May 2012, 12:31

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank the zonemakers for creating such nice zones in Copenhagen. Great work!

Out of the 30 zones I visited, I think two of them could need some improvement.

Glyptoteket:
I could take the zone from outside of the fence (red dot in picture). The real fence is right below the tree line. The entrance was free, and I think it would be nice to have the zone inside the fences. I propose the yellow shape in the picture.

Nikolajsplads:
A very nice zone position but it is squeezed in between several tall buildings. The GPS signal bounced quite a bit. I would like to propose to make the zone larger. (Blue area in picture)Image

Thank you for your great efforts!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

tx.

Re: Hovedstaden (Report bad zones here)

Postby tx. » 14 May 2012, 12:25

I've been out and take the zone 'LaguneSurf' which is located in the water. But should the zone not give a medal 'Order of Aquamen'? Because I did not get any.

Perhaps it is because that on google satellite maps which of course is a little backward in time, there was the construction of the beach park not finished yet. But if you for example look at a different card provider with a slightly newer satellite map, eg: http://map.krak.dk/m/9lO9F you will see that the zone is in the water, and there were actually more than 2 feet deep out there. :)
Actually the beach park (Amager Strandpark) was already completed in 2005. It says a little bit about how old google satellite map is, unfortunately.

And to Zer0th I have been to 'Nikolajsplads' a few times and there was no problem, very easily to take.

SunYour
Zone General

Postby SunYour » 14 May 2012, 20:34

Thanks for the report tx, LaguneSurf shall be an water zone, and from now on I hope it will work. You will probably get your water medal very soon, hold on! Or go out there and take the zone again and check if it works out better this time :)
Dont forget to take a photo... we love photos, especially when the effort is awarded with a brand new medan!

And why not aim at the (Heavy) Expandator medal! :D

Zeroth: No changes planned for the zones at the moment, but thank you very much for the report!
Mobile: Samsung S7| Location: Västerås / Stockholm

tx.

Postby tx. » 17 May 2012, 04:35

Me and my friends loves to try to take zones that are hard to take. And we really hope that there would be more difficult zones in Denmark in the future.

But I would just draw some attention to these three zones:

RabbitIsland, I think this zone should be removed!
The other day me and a friend tried to take this zone, in the middle of the night. The water is too dirty to swim over there so we got a small one man boat.
I came up on the island but it was almost impossible to come forward it onto the island because it was completely overgrown and there were so many birds with nests everywhere flying around me. On the other side of the island there were rushes over the place also with birds nests in, and suddenly I was attacked by a swan that had a nest, and which I had not seen because of darkness. I avoided it only just by shouting at it, and beat out at it with one of the oars (luckily I did not hit it) and by trying very quickly to get away. The fun was that my buddy at the same time had problems with a aggressive dog on the shore. But in the situation it was not funny ;)
We stop trying to take the zone because we thought it bothered wildlife too much.
I have subsequently checked on the internet about the island, and I can see that it is a protected area and that there is a very big bird life in the area, and this island is the only place that they usually have to themselves.
There is also stand on the municipality's website that it is forbidden to sail in the area:
http://www.kk.dk/Borger/ByOgTrafik/Groe ... inger.aspx
That also stands in the law from the state here: http://www2.blst.dk/nfr/08104.00.pdf

The zone is located fun, but I think it should be removed because it is a bird island.

Alternatively, you can place a zone here: http://map.krak.dk/m/9781c if you want to have one on an island!

PionerGarden is placed inside a closed military area, with 3-4 meter high fence with barbed wire all around, and the area is camera monitored. We've been down and check it out a few times, both day and night, but I think it's impossible to get in and take zone without have problems with either mile forces themselves or the police. So we have dropped to take this zone.
Do not know whether it should be removed or not. But I just wanted to make you aware of it.

[zone]KøgeBugt[/zone] is good enough if it is intended for people in a motorboat. But if it is made for that you have to swim or something, so it probably a bit too dangerous, we've been down and try to take it, but the flow of water is too strong compared to how far away it is.
If it was maybe halfway from the shore in relation to what it does now, I think it might be possible to take it.

SunYour
Zone General

Postby SunYour » 17 May 2012, 20:00

Thank you very much for the report, tx!

I have deleted RabbitIsland and PionerGardern and finally moved KøgeBugt a little bit closer to land.
This was done for several hours ago, did not got time to post here...

Here is a nice zone you can try to get instead :)
Takeover of Midisland, outside city of Norrköping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj0y6ZRnvI4

Next time, bring the camera, take some photos and videos! Search for turf on youtube, and you will find several nice videos of takeovers there :)
Mobile: Samsung S7| Location: Västerås / Stockholm

tx.

Postby tx. » 18 May 2012, 22:51

SunYour okay super..!

Look funny, i will try look at youtube for more turf video. ;)

DenPas

Postby DenPas » 07 Jul 2012, 12:31

ScottishScull

Is behind a fence and its a "construction site" at the moment.

I recommend that the zone (which is normal a park) is moved to this point

http://findvej.dk/55.66087,12.60558?zoom=19&maptype=3

So we can use it, without need to climb fences and walk into restrictet areas

tx.

Postby tx. » 07 Jul 2012, 16:31

DenPas

As you can see when you stand at ScottishScull it is very temporary that the park is closed. I do not think there is much more than a month before it is open again. So why move it? And now there is also a challenge to take it. Before the zone was just as easy to take in most other zones.
We'll see who can take it first, now when there is little challenge to take it? ;)

DenPas

Postby DenPas » 07 Jul 2012, 16:48

DenPas

As you can see when you stand at ScottishScull it is very temporary that the park is closed. I do not think there is much more than a month before it is open again. So why move it? And now there is also a challenge to take it. Before the zone was just as easy to take in most other zones.
We'll see who can take it first, now when there is little challenge to take it? ;)
i doubt it takes only a month before they are finished. Have you really been by the zone the last few days, it looks like a muddy hole and not like a park going to be used any time soon :)

The zone is behind locked fence, whice there is a reason for. Taking the zone only because its behind a locked fence and breaking an entry, is as i see it not a good reason and should not be part of the game. IMO

I was there today and a few days ago. The fence is closed and the only way to get in there is trespassing.

And as you say its normaly a easy zone, by moving it to the point i have showed, u have to leave your bike if your are "turf biking"

""
What is a bad zone?

A bad zone is a zone that is placed in a fenced or otherwise enclosed area.

""

Return to “Zone Report”