Midtjylland (Report bad zones here)

Blabert
Zonemaker

Midtjylland (Report bad zones here)

Postby Blabert » 23 Feb 2012, 15:42

Report bad zones in the Midtjylland region here.

What is a bad zone?

A bad zone is a zone that is placed in a fenced or otherwise enclosed area. Also private gardens and such are places where there should be no zones. A bad zone could also be a zone that is hard to take due to GPS problems, for example next to high buildings. Furthermore, zones that can't be taken without obvious danger to the player are also bad zones. An example of a dangerous zone is when it is placed in a roundabout where there is no natural way to get to the zone.

Zones that are placed in distant areas, forests without walking paths, on top of hills or otherwise places just hard to get to are NOT bad zones but a part of the game.

paldepind

Re: Midtjylland (Report bad zones here)

Postby paldepind » 02 Apr 2012, 19:23

I had to climb over a fence to get to Nellikezone. But please add a/some new zones nearby when you remove it.
Image Image

SunYour
Zone General

Postby SunYour » 02 Apr 2012, 19:49

Thanks for the report, it is moved to a location nearby now.
It was quite hard to find good spots for zones in the neighborhood, lots of houses everywhere :).
Please suggest zones via Help->Suggest Zones in turf app.
Make sure the area can be about 25x25 meters big and not located on a street or parking lot... And of course not too close to an existing zone...
Mobile: Samsung S7| Location: Västerås / Stockholm

paldepind

Postby paldepind » 05 Apr 2012, 13:06

Thanks for moving it! I'm impressed by how quickly you did it.

I've just suggested three zones all in the north part of Aarhus. I hope they're useful IMO they are pretty good choices.
Image Image

paldepind

Postby paldepind » 05 May 2012, 09:18

Why did you move the zone called "Islandszone"? It was kinda behind a fence (still easy to get though) but I didn't report it so how did you know?
Last edited by paldepind on 05 May 2012, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Zontjuven

Postby Zontjuven » 05 May 2012, 09:30

Why did you move the zone in called "Islandszone"? It was kinda behind a fence (still easy to get though) but I didn't report it so how did you know?
That part i recognize, coming to an old zone, having the phone in jacketpocket, circelling around, no "taking zone" in headphones, picking up the phone and seeing that the zone has been moved... :D

I've moved Islandszone since we have new directions about footballfields and other stuff.
I'm the new coordinator in zonemaking in Midjylland and went thorough all zones in Aarhus :D

Keep on reporting about the zones, it's very impoprtant for me that the zones is good inall way.

Your reports is very valuable and essential for us Zonemakers.

Keep on turfing!
Fd världsmästare i TURF

paldepind

Postby paldepind » 05 May 2012, 16:19

Thanks for your explanation. And that is in fact pretty close to what actually happend ;)

Now I don't know what the guidelines are for zones. But I know of two that might be problematic. The first one is Marselisborg, most of the year its easily accecible but it's inside a park with a castle belonging to the royal family of Denmark and when the queen is staying in the castle it's closest to the public. She's only using the castle for a fear weeks every easter tough. The other zone is OldSquare. It's inside "Den Gamle By" and you can only access the zone freely when "Den Gamle By" is closed, otherwise you'll have to purchase tickets.
Image Image

Zontjuven

Postby Zontjuven » 05 May 2012, 17:51

Thanks for the report!
Sometimes turf zones are within payable areas, such as the one that You describe.
At the moment I do not find a reason to move them.

//ZT

Thanks for your explanation. And that is in fact pretty close to what actually happend ;)

Now I don't know what the guidelines are for zones. But I know of two that might be problematic. The first one is Marselisborg, most of the year its easily accecible but it's inside a park with a castle belonging to the royal family of Denmark and when the queen is staying in the castle it's closest to the public. She's only using the castle for a fear weeks every easter tough. The other zone is OldSquare. It's inside "Den Gamle By" and you can only access the zone freely when "Den Gamle By" is closed, otherwise you'll have to purchase tickets.
Fd världsmästare i TURF

paldepind

Postby paldepind » 05 May 2012, 18:19

Ok. I think that's fine. It a nice zone also. I took it at afternoon when I could get to it for free. It was getting dark and I saw a rat IRL for the first time in my life :D It's not a true old city without rats I guess ;)

Btw, do you have any tips for maximizing my chanches for getting the zones that I suggest approved? Any common pitfalls so I don't waste my three suggestions?
Image Image

SaLa
Information Manager

Postby SaLa » 05 May 2012, 18:51

Btw, do you have any tips for maximizing my chanches for getting the zones that I suggest approved? Any common pitfalls so I don't waste my three suggestions?
Best tips: more activity! Find more friends who start turf and the zones will come after a while :) Maybe you know a great website, a newspaper or something that can write about Turf? Maybe you know someone who knows someone who can help out in some way to spread to more than just than the people you know. :)

Return to “Zone Report”