Web-based access to chat?

Umeadave

Web-based access to chat?

Post by Umeadave »

Hi!

I was wondering if there's a way to check on local (within region) chat via web? I see there's a Chat Feed on the main turf page, but I don't see any links from there.

I've recently updated to the latest ios app and that has a (reported) issue where one cannot read whole messages, I wondered if there was any other way to read them.

/Dave
tretton

Re: Web-based access to chat?

Post by tretton »

There is no way to chat if you not are in the app. I know that there is a thread somewhere in the swedish part of the forom where they discussed about this, but I can´t fint it right now.
Google Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.2 - Växjö - Advanced Turfer (39)
Unique Zones: 359 - Visited Regions 12 - Fastest Eager Weasel: 8.31
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fler än 50 dagar i rad med minst en session om dagen.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

You can emulate an Android phone on your computer but Facebook is more fun anyway.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
Umeadave

Post by Umeadave »

Looking at the chat I got a message that finished "Try to"... and so I'm wondering "Try to" what? What shall I try? I'll have to ask a buddy with an Android phone to check for me :)
UrbanGeeks

Post by UrbanGeeks »

Umeadave wrote:Hi!

I was wondering if there's a way to check on local (within region) chat via web? I see there's a Chat Feed on the main turf page, but I don't see any links from there.

I've recently updated to the latest ios app and that has a (reported) issue where one cannot read whole messages, I wondered if there was any other way to read them.

/Dave
As mentioned before, there is no such support, and the API does not provide any way to send messages to the chat, but it provides a way to read them! So if you would just like to read messages from a specific region, you could try my "Turf Tuner" experiment here http://turftuner.urbangeeks.org/
LeiLar

Post by LeiLar »

Strålande, UrbanGeeks! En liten sak dock; vissa smileys blir bara frågetecken och det ser lite konstigt ut.
Turf member since: 2013-01-26 00:37:51
Isengrim

Post by Isengrim »

Snyggt UrbanGeeks!

Önskemål i mån av tid:

Highlight av ens nick, olika färg för egna inlägg och de man fått / nämns i.
Färgschema som är inverterat (eller definerbart) Vitt är väldigt starkt i ögonen (ställer alltid om till RGB 160 160 240 där det är vitt)
Dacop
Zonemaker

Post by Dacop »

Nice one Urbangeeks! Really nice feature.
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
SaLa
Information Manager

Post by SaLa »

Oh, cool! Great work!
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

Umeadave wrote:Looking at the chat I got a message that finished "Try to"... and so I'm wondering "Try to" what? What shall I try? I'll have to ask a buddy with an Android phone to check for me :)
There's a thing you can do until this issue is resolved. You can try to either scroll the chat or to switch channel back and forth. This can resolve the cut off text issue until next time.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com

Return to “General”