Reflection over zones in Lounais-Suomi and Länsi- ja Sisä-So

Moderator: Zonemakers

alfaturfen

Reflection over zones in Lounais-Suomi and Länsi- ja Sisä-So

Post by alfaturfen »

I have been through a number of zones in Lounais-Soumi and Länsi- ja Sisä-Soumi , and would like to propose a couple of changes.

Seinäjoki:
Victory Zone – A building is under construction right in/over the zone. The zone needs to be moved.
Helikopteri – Seinäjoki hospital has expanded and the zone right now is within the emergency unit. (Imagine the reaction trying to claim this zone!) This zone must definitely be moved.
No Tree Field – pretty ugly zone to take. A lot of high and nasty vegetation. Though not completely impossible.
Birch Round and Pine Round – I consider these two zones as somewhat private as they are embedded in a cluster of villas.

Kokkola:
Piha Zone – On a lawn behind a fence. Consider it as somewhat private. Suggest moving it to the parking lot right south of the current zone.

Overall Kokkola is great to turf.

Pietarsaari:
The zones in Pietarsaari is a little to easy to turf by car (even compared to other finnish towns and villages) The following zones can be taken without leaving a car: Hamnviken 1, Hamnviken 2, Reverberation, Railway Cross and Get Well Jacob. The zones Ebba Brahe Zone and High Power lies so close to the road that if you dare you would be able to take them by car as well.
Suggest to move one of the Hamnviken up on the adjacent lawn and the other to the beach close to Pavis.
Reverberation – considered a bit private among a cluster of houses.
Get Well Jakob – The zone, besides being “car-turfable” is located to close to the little chapel for deceased patients. Can be objectionable to relatives to the deceased. Suggest moved to main entrances or into woods nearby.

Korsnäs :
KorsnäsKyrka – the zone is located on a private walk in front of a private house! The church is located on the other side of the road. There is also a small public park right south of the current zone. This zone must definitely be moved.

Vasa, Kristinestad and Pori is wonderful to turf!

/alfaturfen
Optimus
Zonemaker

Re: Reflection over zones in Lounais-Soumi and Länsi- ja Sis

Post by Optimus »

I look at it in the weekend !
ImageImage
Optimus
Zonemaker

Post by Optimus »

ImageImage
GaryGrape

Post by GaryGrape »

I have made three zone suggestions in Vasa this round, but these zone suggestions are all pretty bad. What can I say, I was new to the game and eager ;) Anyone with the authority to remove them can do so. I'll give new and better suggestions next month... :D

Anyway, if there are any dormant Vasa players (or elsewhere in Länsi- ja Sisäsuomi) out there, please start playing again, I feel so lonely.
GaryGrape

Basist Hilastherion, Northern Flame
Lajvare Eloria
Rushfan TNMS

"Do I feel lucky? Well, do you, punk?"
StarDust
Zonemaker

Post by StarDust »

We make a judgement call over all suggestions. The zonemaker has the last say when it comes to accepting a zone or not.

Suggestions can also be modified and moved. You will receive an e-mail if a zone has been created within a radius of 200 m from your suggestion, so it might not necessarily be your suggestion.
We get hundreds if not thousands of suggestions every month, however not many outside Sweden so the chance that yours is accepted increases and a zone will be built when needed depending on activity.
So good luck next month!
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"
bocklingen

Post by bocklingen »

If you get your zones, and they are somewhat less than perfect, you can always file an issue stating that the zone needs to be moved... :)

http://issues.turfgame.com/

Skickat från min iPhone 5C via Tapatalk
Join: 2014-04-26 09:25:32
Special goals: 1. Icosaregion star 2. Get all unique z in Katrineholm :)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kalkonskit

Post by Kalkonskit »

I made a lot of suggestions during my time in this region, and none were ever accepted, so I don't think you need to worry about bad zones getting made. It's unlikely any new zones will be accepted due to the depressingly low activity in the area. :cry: Seeing a new turfer there was like Christmas eve! Sadly, they all died after only a few takeovers, or were just passers-by from Sweden.
bocklingen

Post by bocklingen »

Interesting, btw, with the spelling of the topic... :p

Skickat från min iPhone 5C via Tapatalk

GaryGrape

Post by GaryGrape »

Right now there's six of us in this region, but I can't say that the other five are really active...

Yeah, it seems like Suomi is a really hard word for non-Finns to get spelled right. What I find interesting though, is how there are no discussions at all in Finnish in the Finnish section. It sure makes all the Finns feel welcome ;) I think I'll do something about it really soon.
GaryGrape

Basist Hilastherion, Northern Flame
Lajvare Eloria
Rushfan TNMS

"Do I feel lucky? Well, do you, punk?"
bocklingen

Post by bocklingen »

I think part of it might be that the zonemakers are not allowed to be zonemakers in their home region... and I am not quite sure how many of them that would manage to follow, and take part in, a discussion in Finnish... :p

Return to “Zones”