And as we have said before:
DO NOT REPORT FUNCTIONALITY THAT YOU WANT OR MISS. Only report bugs ;)
List of changes:
1. New Google Maps API
- Map can be rotated. Put two fingers on screen and turn to rotate. Press the compass symbol to reset.
- Map can be tilted to give a 3D impression. Drag with two fingers up/down to tilt/untilt.
- Maps are now cached locally. This will heavily reduce data traffic as they are only loaded once. This also means you can ”pre-load” maps before traveling to other countries or areas with bad cell phone reception – just zoom in on the areas when at home in your own wifi network. The “cost” is that the cached maps will, over time, take up significant space on your storage if you turf travel a lot. Go to Settings, Apps, Turf and clear cache if needed.
- Overall better map performance (zoom/pan).
This will simplify changing phones or platforms for users.
3. Takeover indication.
Your Turf avatar now graphically extends arms on take-overs.
4. New layout on chat and toplists.
Slide sideways to move between them.
5. Misc modifications
- No popup when turning GPS on/off.
- Zones are drawn sharper
- Easier to see blocked zones
- New graphics for Take Over Indicator.
- Audible Taking Zone/Zone taken for revisits
- GPS bonus if first take is a revisit
- Zone Lost sound removed at start up
- Audible Taking Zone when waiting in a blocked zone and block time runs out
- Highlighted zones become green when taken
- Number of Take Overs/Unique on support menu are updated during gameplay. No need to restart app.
- PPH in the user dialogue for turfers updated as the owner takes/loses zones. No need to restart app
- Map of own unique zones are updated in real time as new unique zones are taken
- Settings, Location is opened if you turn on GPS in Turf but has GPS turned off in settings
- App will correctly handle devices lacking Google Play Services
With 1c above this is no longer needed, the development effort to maintain has also been significant.
7. On-line list has been decommissioned.
Not possible to maintain list and adequate performance with so many active turfers.
8. Bug fixes.
- "Wrong font" issues on Lollipop fixed.
- Take Over Indicator always visible during take over, even if entering zone with screen off.
- App does not yet work well with events. Use 0.9.7.1.
- If you have enabled "Show Notification Bar" in the app's settings, the notification bar will be temporary hidden when you view chat and toplists.