New zones please. RUGBY.

MickyFinn

New zones please. RUGBY.

Post by MickyFinn »

Is there any chance of getting new zones in the villages around Rugby and South Coventry as the current version of Google maps is missing a good portion of Rugby as it is today. Thanx
embeoo
Zonemaker

Re: New zones please. RUGBY.

Post by embeoo »

Any suggestion of a more up to date map or satellite image service? Would still be a little hit or miss though as we lay the zones on google maps, so maybe you can guide with app suggestions?
MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn »

Yeah I dont know any other updated sat maps. I suppose google will catch up soon. There are plenty of villages around the outskirts that could have zones. Like long lawford, dunchurch, thurlaston, wolston etc.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

With the the sudden explosion of activity in UK we need to focus on areas where there are turfers but few zones. Rugby in my mind has plentiful, the problem is not lack of zones but lack of turfers. Creating zones is a slow manual process done by volunteers who don't get paid and does this on top of work and family lives. We are finite resources and right now our time is needed where we can make the best effort. Adding zones in very small villages who don't have native turfers when Rugby is full in not on the map right now, and even if we did you would swoop them up in an an hour or two ;-) Coventry has shamefully few zones but since no active native turfers not top priority. But I will make sure we get there relatively soon, perhaps in a couple of weeks time. Not sure how Coventry works for you from Covid-restriction perspective but noticed you were there yesterday.
MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn »

Thats a shame. I think interest will be lost here soon.
MickyFinn

Post by MickyFinn »

If you build it they will come. A famous phrase I am sure. I am trying my best to do what I can.

Return to “Zones”