Zone requests

Moderators: Issue manager, Zonemakers

Gavi-g

Zone requests

Post by Gavi-g »

Hello,

I’m new here, just got the app and no zones near me, we have loads of runners in our comunity and I think this would be fun.

How do we submit zone requests, there seems to be conflicting info haha.

Manny thanks
embeoo
Zonemaker

Re: Zone requests

Post by embeoo »

There is "conflicting" methods yes. For an extra zone in an already active city, suggestions in app is likely the easiest for you and the zonemakers. It is not a guarantee for a zone in any certain timeframe though.

Or write here in the forums, especially if there are no zones around or you have more information than a name and a position to sell it in, like a photo or other information that can't easily be deducted from the map.
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

I'll echo embeoo here. If you already have been given a bunch of zones, in app suggestions is a great aid for us, but as we don't get a notification when you make app suggestions, nor can we see who made them, it is likely better if you post here if your location is all empty. This is the easiest way for both you and us:

1. Start Google Maps (best on PC) and switch to satellite layer.
2. Right click the exact spot where the zone should be centered and choose "What's here?".
3. At the bottom of the screen a label with text and absolute coordinates appear, click the coordinates.
4. Map now makes a search with these coordinates and the nice thing is the search is now embedded in the page web address (URL). Copy the URL and paste into your forum post.
Gavi-g

Post by Gavi-g »

Amazing, thank you guys, I’ll do that.

Return to “West Midlands”