Privacy Area

Only suggestions, no bugs.
PancakeMike

Privacy Area

Post by PancakeMike »

I'd like to suggest the ability to set a location (or locations) within the app and if you are within, say 400m, of that location then your avatar cannot be seen by other users or by those viewing the map on the website.

Thanks for a great encouragement to be outside.
Dacop
Zonemaker

Re: Privacy Area

Post by Dacop »

I'm sorry but when would this be of use?

I can't see any situation where this would be better than just simply long pressing the icon in the bottom left to disable your avatar in the game - a feature that is already there.
"Det är mycket roligare att hålla på med mobilen än gamla kartor och jävelskap..." - Evert Jansson, Klass 9 Stöde Skola
Unique:2292
Rank 56: Turf Angel
PancakeMike

Post by PancakeMike »

So that new users in particular aren't inadvertently broadcasting their location on app start and when they return home after turfing.
embeoo
Zonemaker

Post by embeoo »

Today they don't realize/forget that they can disable the location (or quit the app) You think they will understand the concept of privacy area and remember to set it?

Also, if they have a zone closer to home than 400m, quite likely, will you be there and explain why they can't take it?

I'm not saying such a feature wouldn't have it's gains, but with the pros and cons, and the creators wish to keep it simple, not add excessive options, I wouldn't hold my breath.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

There's been earlier suggestions that gps should shut off if there's no relevant movement for a while. I think that's a better way to go.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com

Return to “Suggestion Box”