Zones in Tavira/Santa Luzia Portugal

gilla

Zones in Tavira/Santa Luzia Portugal

Post by gilla »

Dear zone master!

Since it was some time since we got some zones here (many thanks btw!) I would like to add some suggestions. The idea is to get some options when walking/biking using the existing zones. I am mostly thinking about connecting the zones in Tavira with the zones in Santa Luzia. I have made seven new suggestions, but I noticed that I had repeated two of my old suggestions. Not a surprise as my ambition with new zones was the same back in 2019.

1. A small park where the older citizens of Santa often sit and talk. Mostly men, why I suggested a name like Oldmen zone or something similar. Inbetween the existing zones Menau to the north and Ria Formosa to the south.
2. The crossroad to the farmers road a bit north of the village above existing zone Menau. Also suggested 2019. Same reason - it gives the option to walk towards Tavira or Pedras de Rei and create a longer route (together with both existing and suggested zones). I think I named it crossroad this time.
3. A bit west of number 2 - another crossroad close to where they grow avocados. If you are lucky, and the season is right, you can get some for free by the farmers. We were :-)
4. In the Resort Pedras de Rei. I have positioned it by a birdcage and named it connected to that. Suggested the same 2019.
5. East of number 2, I have also added a zone to make the connection to Tavira a bit more rewarding for a keen turfer. It also opens up for a future route towards Tavira.
6. Each Saturday it is Market Day in Tavira. At the market place by the bridge over Gilao they sell fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, fish, meat - you name it. Outdoors it is a a fleamarket as well. Thus my suggestion and I named it Market (I think). It connects to the existing zones in Tavira.
7. Salt zone. On the road between Santa and Tavira you can turn right coming from Santa, just after you have left the village, and ending up where they produce salt according to very old method - they have ponds where the let the salted water dry out in the heat/sun during the summer period. It has also proven to be the best area where to spot flamingos. The zone is suggested at the entrance to connect it to the zones in Tavira, but you can later expand it and add more zones in the actual pond area, as you also can walk/bike through it (car is not possible). This area is a gem!

All above is suggested by me gilla, but also supported by Lazycat, Hvalle, Britt-putte and the new (and very entusiastic!) turfer Dorisprincess. Plus for the enjoyment for all turfers who finds this beautyful place in Algarve.

Return to “Zones”