Hundertwasser Bahnhof

allinug

Hundertwasser Bahnhof

Post by allinug »

There are train stations and there are TRAIN STATIONS, like the artful attraction in Uelzen.
The original station building was rebuilt in the late 1990s for the World Expo 2000, following drawings by the Austrian artist F. Hundertwasser. The building, known in German as Hundertwasser-Bahnhof Uelzen, is a tourist attraction for the city. Uelzen's station building is a so-called "cultural station", a KuBa (KulturBahnhof), and is used, in addition to as a railway station (it is a railway junction with trains to Hamburg, Hanover and Braunschweig, among others), for cultural events of various kinds.
It is well worth a turf zone. I have put a suggestion in the app: "Uelzen100Wasser" placed in front of the station building.
/allinug

https://www.ndr.de/ratgeber/reise/luene ... of101.html
Attachments
den-berömda-tågstationen-i-uelzen-som-skapats-av-konstnären-hundertwasser-uelzen-germany.jpg
den-berömda-tågstationen-i-uelzen-som-skapats-av-konstnären-hundertwasser-uelzen-germany.jpg (769.38 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
allinug

Re: Hundertwasser Bahnhof

Post by allinug »

Still waiting for it... Added a picture!
(And added a couple of more zone suggestions in Uelzen in the app - will appear here.)
wsnurr
Zonemaker

Post by wsnurr »

allinug wrote: 01 Sep 2022 19:26 Still waiting for it... Added a picture!
(And added a couple of more zone suggestions in Uelzen in the app - will appear here.)

Good things come to those who wait :)
allinug

Post by allinug »

Well worth waiting for! Now I just have to figure out how to get there... ;)

Return to “Niedersachsen”