Some Midlothian zones

MuttsCycles

Some Midlothian zones

Post by MuttsCycles »

Hey.

So decided after watching Garry's latest Vlog that i'd try and photo some zones. Left work (work is my name sake, local bike shop in Newtongrange that i own) done my usual West zones to Newtongrange Station where i took the first picture and next to that is Murderdean. Headed past the Old Victoria Mine and down to Goreglen. GoreGlen is often left by turfers as every why in and out requires a hill!! However love to see more zones added to GoreGlen and Edgelaw but that's another story.
Headed from Gore Water to the bridge over the new 7 year old Border Railway and on up the dreadful hill of Arniston Bing! I hate it. Then, "message received". It was from Turfer Elsie Spanner who have seen around a fair bit and came close to bumping into each other from time to time. Elsie Spanner was a few streets away and wondered if I wanted to assist Arniston Park. I had to bomb it to meet up and flew down the Bing without dropping the seat and almost threw my self over the bars when it hit a rock on the descent.
It was nice to meet a fellow turfer. I've met a few, Fearglas, PlanetGrarry (we turf the same area alot), Hodge, SparceRunner, DaffyDuck, Cruchan and others.
Doing my journey back my native Dalkeith i took some zones along my old stomping ground "Mayfield" where i grew up as a kid.
Could see another red figure on the map... Pedro! No Pedro i've tried to talk to on the chat function from time to time but not got a reply. Pedro ill often the rides I do the next day so i consider him the silent enemy :D :D all in jest of course. But i seen Him (her?) coming up Easthouses road so I stuck to a few of the zones along the top of Mayfield. I could have made the other zones first but that'd suck and i'm not a blocker so just left him to it. But taking pictures slipped my mind. Finished going back through Newbattle woods (ones Garry took in his latest blog) and taking back the ones I had won and lost early today.
https://imgur.com/gallery/cXuw1mQ Here is my imgur link for the pictures. Strava https://www.strava.com/activities/7432135314
I may look into a wordpress but working the hours i do and between friends and family i doubt i'll get a chance to write up and other blogs that often.

Scott.
PS. I'm a terrible speller and typist. Excuse mistakes :mrgreen:

Return to “General”