Japan visit

svenlutte

Re: Japan visit

Post by svenlutte »

Great!!!
We signed up a new turfer on Wednesday and he has been turfing in 2 days now :-) Yesterday, we turfing together and at the end, even a 3rd turfer joined. It will be interesting to see how they will manage in June when I and my wife go back to Sweden ...
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Thanks for the new turf zones Westeras. Many of them has already been taken. Yesterday, I also told the turfer that suggested Sakurapark that the zone has been created and said she will take it. Today, we signed up 3 new turfers in Kurume area, and they took at least 1 zone directly. We will see the new few days how it develop with them. A week ago, we signed up a turfer in the east part of Kurume, with new zones close to their living spot. The turfer suggested a shinto place as a turf spot. I also added a bridge over Hiro River as a turf spot. This family likes also to go up in the mountains, so we maybe see suggestions up in the mountains in the future?
I also want to remind the crew, that for many years ago, I applied to be a zone maker. I'm still up for this and willing to set of time to help.
I also have found out that the japanese language is not correct in the turf app. I have a suggestion for a person that an help wit translation into Japanese. She's a teacher in the english language for japanese (mainly kids). Thanks /Sven
Westeras
Zonemaker

Post by Westeras »

svenlutte wrote: 15 May 2022 14:21
I also want to remind the crew, that for many years ago, I applied to be a zone maker. I'm still up for this and willing to set of time to help.
Thanks /Sven
Have you seen this thread about zone makers?
viewtopic.php?p=73769&sid=5a60ac208498c ... 3ec#p73769
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Hi,
In November, we are going back to Japan and are quickly (late Nov or Early Dec?) doing a visit to Okinawa and view their tropical surroundings. Problem is, that today Okinawa only has 1 turf zone. My wife has now suggested a few more, 2 at the Naha airport and a few others.
I would also like to get a few more zones up in the Imabari area up on the Island Shikoku. Today, we only have the castle to take 1 time daily. And a few zones to drive to ...
We haven't decided when we will go there, but it's hard to get new turfers in the area with only one zone.
Thanks also to the turfer Orinoko that have signed up a few new turfers in the Osaka/Kobe area this summer under her vacation. Hopefully a few of them stays active :-)
Thanks /Sven
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Hi,
I'm back in Japan and have been turfing around in the city of Kurume, Kyushu the last couple of weeks. Tomorrow, I'm going down to Okinawa, ans will already the first day, take the only zone on the island. It's the caste Shuri-jo, destroyed by a fire in 2019. We will stay at the middle of the island for 4 days, and a few more zones will be suggested. As I have already done so in the Kurume area ...
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Hi,
I'm turfing around in Kurume, Kyushu almost every day (up to mid May). My goal is that all zones in Kurume will be taken before this round ends, and all round until we go home. Last weekend, we also had a visitor from Scotland in the town, turfer Orinoko was here to meet us and get some unique zones. She complains about the zones in Kobe area where she's from. She had suggested a few zones, but it's hard to get new turfers without zones.
This month, it seems to be at least 2 region medals in Japan, so the number of turfers is slowly growing. As Orinoko speaks Japanese, I suggested her to start a Japanese Turf group on Facebook as help. Also do some translation of flyers to Japanese.
I also have done a few turf zone suggestions here in Kurume, when I see i good turf spot, I suggest it.
When we was down to Okinawa in November, we had only 1 zone to take and we took it 2 times. Planing another Okinawa trip in April and we would be glad if it will be a few more zones down there then. For getting new turfers to sign up, I would suggest at least 5 zones in the area. /Sven
zinkcity

Post by zinkcity »

I love to read these posts about spreading Turf in Japan. Great work
Turfname : Zinky
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Yesterday, I helped a new turfer (machan3) to start turfing :-))
Helped her to take a few zones and today, she has taking one by herself.
Problem is, that she lives down i the Okawa area and don't have any zones close to her, only by driving up to Kurume or to the Chikugo river walk bridge zones. She will start to suggest zones as soon she know more about turf. I will show her how to, next time we meet I will show her how to suggest zones that are suitable to have in her area. I suggest that the turf zone maker, responsible for Japan take a look over Okawa area and do a few zones for her. Once she has more zones closer, she can start to show turf to her friends (and relatives).
We also have a new turfer up in the Kurume area, as we already have a lot of zones in the city, I suggest only to create some of the zones that is already suggested by me or others.
Thanks /svenlutte
PS. I can also say that she is coming to Sweden a few days in June and add a few more regions to her list.
Moru

Post by Moru »

Nice to see Turf growing! I bet it would be loads easier to grow if there was zones right when you start the game. A zone that don't involve driving two hours :-)
Turfname is EQ
svenlutte

Post by svenlutte »

Hejsan,
Om några veckor åker jag till Japan och Kyushu och tar bl.a. de senaste zonerna som min fru ännu inte tagit, även om hon leder regionen. Jag har idag föreslagit 2 nya zoner. En uppe på och en på Kyushu. Den ligger vid en onsen (varm källa) som heter Okawa onsen. Vi har en turfare som bor på gångavstånd därifrån och som behöver en zon på gångavstånd för att inte vara beroende av bil för sitt turfande. Tyvärr är det en parkeringsplats i detta fall, men det verkar vara ett svårt område att hitta platser som inte är privat mark. Då vi har zoner i Örebro som täcker en parkering (Gravelzone t.ex.) så borde även denna vara ok att skapa??
Finns också en annan turfare där nere som inte har några zoner i närheten av sig. Men jag vet inte bostadsplatsen. Sist jag var där surfade vi de 3 zonerna vid Chikugo Bridge tillsammans. Blir väl samma sak denna gång tills jag vet var turfaren bor och kan föreslå en zon på gångavstånd från den platsen.
Med vänlig hälsning /Sven

Return to “Zones”