Calderdale

Moderators: Issue manager, Zonemakers

Joolz500

Re: Calderdale

Post by Joolz500 »

Dear zonemakers. There's been good activity in the Calderdale area this round. Is there any chance you could take a look at the suggestions (see post above on 13th Feb). It'd really help to keep everyone's interest. Pretty please :)
Joolz500

Post by Joolz500 »

Dear zonemakers. I haven't done any begging for nearly a year now. Any chance we could have a few new zones (I have made suggestions earlier in this thread)? We've still got a couple of local players and we'd love some new places to visit. Thank you. TheJuicer x
Harefeet

Post by Harefeet »

Second from me for more zones in the Calderdale area. There are a few of us playing around here now, and it would be great to have some more zones filling the gaps/giving us more scope. Especially on the hill tops rather than the valley bottoms.

I've suggested the following zones:

MillarsGrave - the remains of a bronze age burial mound, known locally as 'Millar's Grave'
WinterFalls - waterfall on the Pennine Way, part of the remains of an 18th C mill at Winters.
ThisMoorDoth - a stone marked 'This Moor Doth Belong To..<effaced>', an interesting 17/18th C engraved stone
HighBrown - High Brown Knoll trig point, the highest point in the immediate vicinity
SheepStones - Sheepstones trig point, a hill top closer to the populated areas.

Happy to create pages & add photos etc for these zones if they're created.

thanks,

Charles.
CurlyC

Post by CurlyC »

Just adding another voice to this request for more zones in the Calderdale area. I have added a few suggestions via the app, mainly around Hebden Bridge and Todmorden, but am happy to list on here too if necessary.
Thanks
Claire
Kingslayer
Zonemaker

Post by Kingslayer »

We are in the process of strengthening the team with new zone makers, they will be up and running in a few week's time. In the mean time there will be a few new ones appearing end of April/early May.
Harefeet

Post by Harefeet »

That's great, thank you! We've noticed a few new ones popping up.

I've just added a couple more (in the app):
MansheadTrig - another trig point on the top of a hill
MansheadDecoy - an isolated building left over from a 1940s bombing decoy site (lights and fake infrastructure designed to fool attacking aircraft)
Fozzie
Zonemaker

Post by Fozzie »

Two good suggestions. Added to the to do list, coming your way soon....

Cheers,
Fozzie
Fozzie
Zonemaker

Post by Fozzie »

By the way, I couldn't find the location of "ThisMoorDoth" - could you give me a clue? Maybe google map coordinates? (Right click on google maps to get menu - select coordinates, to copy to clipboard)

Cheers,
Fozzie
CurlyC

Post by CurlyC »

Really appreciate the new zones in the area. Thanks for taking the time to consider and create them!

I've suggested a few more zones on the Todmorden/Hebden Bridge border:
CallisBridge - bridge over river leading to Rochdale canal
JumbleHole - bridge up Jumble Hole clough
EastwoodBr - railway bridge near site of former station
HippinsBridge - bridge near Blackshawhead
StaupsMill - mill ruin half-way up Jumble Hole clough
WarlandDrain - end of drain next to Warland reservoir

Cheers,
Claire
Last edited by CurlyC on 08 May 2022 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzie
Zonemaker

Post by Fozzie »

Hi Claire, thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at them over the next week or so. This area is very much on my radar at the moment, as the turf activity is high :) A couple of the suggestions probably wont work - we try to avoid zones that are directly over roads, where the zone could easily be taken by a car driver, so footbridges - great, road bridges - preferably not. (I am aware that there are existing exceptions to this!)

I hope you enjoy the new zones as they appear.

Cheers,
Fozzie

Return to “Yorkshire & The Humber”