Request for more zones in Western Switzerland

NORnick

Request for more zones in Western Switzerland

Post by NORnick »

Hello - I would like to request more zones in the Western (French-speaking) part of Switzerland.
There are none in Lausanne and only a few in Geneva whilst it seems the Eastern (German-speaking) part has got many more ;-)

I made a few suggestions in app like RomanLausanne, IOC HQ, ParcDeChene, WilliamTell or TourDeChampel.

As Turf has got big in my UK club I'd like to suggest it to the Lausanne orienteering club but currently the nearest zone is about 14km away (Lavaux), so not really a great incentive to download the app and give the game a try :-(
Westeras
Zonemaker

Re: Request for more zones in Western Switzerland

Post by Westeras »

I´ll have a look
NORnick

Post by NORnick »

Thanks for your previous efforts Westeras - it seems I now have 2 occasional rivals in Romandie - any chance of some more zones?

I'm currently in a Turf match as part of my UK club but unfortunately I can't really contribute greatly at present....
Westeras
Zonemaker

Post by Westeras »

Zones are on the way

Remember to make zone suggestions in the app
NORnick

Post by NORnick »

An unsafe zone was created a couple of months ago in Montreux called LesPlanches. It is only accessible by walking right alongside a railway line on what I think is private land behind some houses. If it was recentred a bit further North over the little waiting room it would be fine.

Here is the site (I marked the staircase up to the platform and circled the little building it would be best to move the zone to).
1C4CAED4-78E7-4B17-8A93-A0FB096E88E0.jpeg
1C4CAED4-78E7-4B17-8A93-A0FB096E88E0.jpeg (220.13 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

And while I'm here I'd be delighted to see any of my dozens of suggestions for zones in Lausanne/Geneva/surrounding areas see the light, but even more so to see the zonemaker's own ones as they take me to places I don't know.

Some of the more significant ones in Lausanne:
B05363F8-BE85-4488-A899-BB584EA409A0.jpeg
B05363F8-BE85-4488-A899-BB584EA409A0.jpeg (208.58 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
By the Chateau Saint Marie which is the seat of the Cantonal parliament there is this statue of a local patriot
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Château_ ... _Davel.jpg I think I called it "PeupleVaudois" after what is written on the base.

And in the south of my screenshot the fountain in the Place de la Palud is too close (for the Turf crow) to the Cathedral, but it's actually a significant effort to climb the 100s of steps (Escaliers du marché) between them! See the painting here https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Place_de_la_Palud

5E3B1FEC-AE9B-4839-8829-1BF5A0F79300.jpeg
5E3B1FEC-AE9B-4839-8829-1BF5A0F79300.jpeg (44.23 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
A nice zone could be put outside the Stade olympique de la Pontaise ( where the Diamond League athletics is held and where stage 9 of this year's Tour de France will finish just past). The safe place to put the zone is also shown in the top photo here
https://www.europlan-online.de/centre- ... erein/5464

Big thanks to all the Turf zonemakers for their work in Romandie in 2021 :) I think over 50 zones were made in the Lake Geneva area and it's been a pleasure to discover all these areas and try to plan routes connecting them.
Westeras
Zonemaker

Post by Westeras »

NORnick wrote: 03 Jan 2022 21:22 An unsafe zone was created a couple of months ago in Montreux called LesPlanches. It is only accessible by walking right alongside a railway line on what I think is private land behind some houses.
I have moved the zone.
In the future use https://issues.turfgame.com/ to report bad zones. It helps us keep track on the changes made to a zone and not all zone makers are very active on the forum.

NORnick wrote: 03 Jan 2022 21:22 And while I'm here I'd be delighted to see any of my dozens of suggestions for zones in Lausanne/Geneva/surrounding areas see the light, but even more so to see the zonemaker's own ones as they take me to places I don't know.
It´s one of the goals for me as a zone maker to find those hidden spots that can be very interesting :)
NORnick

Post by NORnick »

I have moved the zone.
In the future use https://issues.turfgame.com/ to report bad zones. It helps us keep track on the changes made to a zone and not all zone makers are very active on the forum.
Thank you, I went over to Montreux yesterday and it's perfect now. (And I will remember to use the issue page in the future)
It´s one of the goals for me as a zone maker to find those hidden spots that can be very interesting :)
I look forward to seeing where you find then! :D
NORnick

Post by NORnick »

Would like to put in a request for some new zones please, particularly as it seems it's been a popular month for highly ranked Turfers to visit. I have made a lot of what I think are nice suggestions mainly around Lausanne and in Geneva but also other places around the lake region.
NORnick

Post by NORnick »

NORnick wrote: 12 May 2022 20:06 Would like to put in a request for some new zones please, particularly as it seems it's been a popular month for highly ranked Turfers to visit. I have made a lot of what I think are nice suggestions mainly around Lausanne and in Geneva but also other places around the lake region.
I repeat my previous request to the zonemakers please as I think it's been almost a year with no new zones

Return to “Zones”