Earning medals revisit vs. takeover

Tacos

Earning medals revisit vs. takeover

Post by Tacos »

Again I would like to adress the issue of earning medals regarding revisit vs. takeover. I made an issue with this regarding the Staminator medal and now it is the same with the bridge medals. This issue is a problem for all gameplayers and should be resolved. I tried for the "Bridge fanatic" medal this morning and was denied it. The reason was I revisited one of the bridges. This is not fair because I managed to visit all three bridges within the timelimit. Therefore I believe I should be rewarded the medal no matter if one of the bridges was a revisit and not a takeover.
flyingchicken

Re: Earning medals revisit vs. takeover

Post by flyingchicken »

I had to plan my Bridge medals and Orderly taking this into account - I knew if I went early in the round taking those zones I’d prevent myself getting those medals... It was a tad frustrating.
This links to the Trainer medal - I’ve got a train zone near me, but it’s never been taken by anyone else. So as revisits don’t count, I’ve literally no chance of getting it. Not the end of the world. What would be infuriating - have 29 train zone visits, tag-teaming off another player, for them to go dark (for whatever reason) and you lose the 29 days of effort.

I really hope revisits are accepted for these types of medals.
Tacos

Post by Tacos »

Thanks alot flyingchicken.
The gamemakers seems to need a lot of input on this issue, to solve it. This is a not fair, not fair to any player and must be changed. Revisits vs.Takeover do not matter in rewarding these medals.
flyingchicken

Post by flyingchicken »

For clarity from another thread, revisits for the Trainer medal *do* count. Well at least I’ve been told they do and I’ve another 2 weeks or so of revisiting train stations to see!
I’ve no idea on the other medals (bridge, orderly).
Maqqan
Zonemaker

Post by Maqqan »

This discussion has been before. I hunted the gamemakers for the same issue back in 2014 because I thought of it as unfare.

The explanation I have recieved is that the developers don't want revisit to be equal to takeovers because then you wont try to recruit new players to the game. As for now you'll have to spread the word and try to inspire new players to try Turf so that you'll be able to do takeovers instead. So it is a way for Turf to continue to grow. But it is also a risk if you loose players who are unable to take all medals and gets tired.
Tacos

Post by Tacos »

Thanks to you for the reply. I do not believe for a minute that this change will recruit less players. Very few player go for the most difficult medals in the beginning of their Turf career. Make this happen and I believe more players will recruit them self.
It is after all the Turf developers responsibility to make the game attractive no matter where you live.
Best regards from Marsto in Trondheim, Norway.
DIProgan

Post by DIProgan »

People staying around and having fun is so much more of a motivator for other people to join. Regardless of that, all medals need some indicator to show if they are good with revisits and assists.
Running the third-party project https://turfbridge.com
HappyF
Zonemaker

Post by HappyF »

The wiki is a good source to check if revisit is eligable for a medal or not.
Tacos

Post by Tacos »

I like to explain this in detail. If I would like to try for the El Staminatore or Staminatrix medal I must visit 200 or 400 zones in 24 hours. If I visited 200 or 400 zones in 24 hours and one single one happened to be a revisit and therefore denied the medal, it will be a huge and depressing disappointment to a degree it is a real reason to quit and uninstall the Turf app.
The same goes for the bridge medals and others too. It makes no sense to be denied a medal just because one single one of them is a revisit. I hope this change will be possible one day in the future.
Last edited by Tacos on 29 Apr 2021 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Tacos

Post by Tacos »

HappyF.
Thanks alot. The Wiki is a great resource for information about the game. Again, thanks.

Return to “Gameplay”